THE SIMS 3 LAUNCHER WON'T OPEN! HELP!

by SumayyahSmith

Original Post

Accepted Solution

THE SIMS 3 LAUNCHER WON'T OPEN! HELP!

★★★ Novice

I recently installed the the Sims 3 via origin and have been playing problem free for the past month. However, whenever I click the "play" icon on the origin menu, the launcher will not open! I have tried uninstalling/re-installing both the Sims 3 launcher and origin (multiple times), rebooting my computer, closing all background programs through task manger, opening the TS3.exe file/desktop icon, yet I'm STILL unable to find a permanent fix!

This bug is REALLY frustrating and I'm willing to do ANYTHING to fix it at this point!

Please Help & Thanks! Standard smile

<I have Windows 7 on my laptop>

Message 1 of 27 (50,174 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: THE SIMS 3 LAUNCHER WON'T OPEN! HELP!

★★ Novice

What worked for me was going into program files and coppying the launcher autorun thingy to the desktop.

View in thread

Message 16 of 27 (60,988 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Ive had this issue in the past goto your sims 3 C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 then find your sims 3 launcher application. The right click on the application and go to properties. Then click on the compatibility tab and change the "Run this program for" then set to windows 7 also make sure the run as administrator is ticked as well.

Hope this Helps!

Message 2 of 27 (50,150 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just tried this & still not working! Honestly, I thought this would be the fix, but apperently not Frown This is very upsetting, however thank you for your suggestion & I'll keep troubleshooting I guess. 

Message 3 of 27 (50,130 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Do you use any CC or mods?

Message 4 of 27 (50,128 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes - mainly clothes & hair. I once tried download some CC, usually that will automatically open the launcher, but that didin't work either. Since I have un-installed/re-installed the game several times, I technically don't have any CC, just the backups on my desktop. 

Message 5 of 27 (50,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hmmm what about your game, has it been updated to the latest patch?

Message 6 of 27 (50,115 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I believe so. However, I wouldn't really be able to check since the launcher won't open Confusedmileyfrustrated: But I'm pretty sure it's up to date - I had been playing for a month before this started happening. 

Message 7 of 27 (50,106 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok I think I might have some solutions First Try clearing out your DCCache folder just delete everything. If you have saves or CC back them up before hand.

Second: Try clearing all of your DCBackup files and again delete everything except ccmerged.

Third: Check if you have the latest updates by using this application. http://modthesims.info/d/409829 Run this and it will tell you if you need an update.

Hope these work, Best of Luck!

Ben

Message 8 of 27 (50,107 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, so as far as deleting the "cache" files, i can't find them (i know right?). I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 and searched through for the cache files, and got no results. And for some reason the Electronic Arts folder is obselete, only the Sims 3 game/bin folder in the Origin Games folder. >Frown

Message 9 of 27 (50,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Oh right for the cache folder and backup you can find it here C:\Users\USER\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 its in your documents rather then program files x86

Message 10 of 27 (50,086 Views)