System Specs and Platform Information

by crinrict

Original Post

is the sims 4 going to be avaliable for mac?

★★★ Newbie

Im REAAAAALLY confused here, in the sims 4 website says that "system requirements" are "coming soon"... really? you have a game up for pre-order but can't tell us the requirements?...

So here in the EA site it only says PC Download and PC Disc, I know sometimes the disc runs on both PC and Mac but I've been having a LOT of issues with my Sims 3 because they are not reallt meant to be for Mac... will they ever release the game for mac? and if I get the PC download would it work?

I'm not a happy Simmer lately Frown and I've been playing since the first Sims!

Message 20 of 133 (1,324 Views)

The Sims 4 - Mac

★★★ Newbie

Will the Sims 4 be available for Mac? 

Message 21 of 133 (1,324 Views)

Re: is the sims 4 going to be avaliable for mac?

Hero

There's no info on Macs at this point.

There's still plenty of time left to pre-order. Just wait until there's more info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 133 (1,321 Views)

thesims4

★ Apprentice

will the sims 4 be for windows7? will you be able to bring the sims3 content into the sims4 and the sims3 games into the sims4 will the sims4 be in time for christmas this year 

Message 23 of 133 (869 Views)

Re: thesims4

Hero (Retired)

Must likely TS4 will be Windows 7 compatible. More then likely you won't be able to use any TS3 content or games (EA won't make as much money that way). TS4 is slated for 2014 and I'm guessing probably closer to fall (or Christmas 2014). Amazon has the release date of December 31,2014 and the price for pre order is 79.92 usd.

Message 24 of 133 (864 Views)

Sims 3 & 4 Hardware requirements

★ Newbie

Will Sims 3 & 4 be able to run on the following laptop?

Dell Inspiron 5521: Intel Core i7-3517U, 15.6in FULL HD (1920x1080) WLED with AG, 2GB AMD Radeon HD 8730M, 8192MB W8

Message 25 of 133 (892 Views)

Re: Sims 3 & 4 Hardware requirements

Hero

Should be fine for Sims 3. Graphic card might not be the best out there but I think it shold be fine. You might want to read some reports on it.

The requirements for Sims 4 are not out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 133 (890 Views)

Re: Will The Sims 4 be available for Linux?

★ Novice

I was also hoping it would be available on Linux.  The only reason I run a Windows System at home is because I play The Sims... If it wasn't for The Sims, I would only run Linux.

Message 27 of 133 (1,414 Views)

Re: sims 4 and windows 8 compatibility

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I donn't know whether this question is relevant to the original question, but I am havin no problems at all running The Sim3 on my Windows 8 system.  What I wanted to know is, will the The Sims 4 be compatible with Windows 8 OS.  Thankyou

PS. To get The Sims 3 running on my Windows 8 OS, I used compatability mode and also ran as administrator. Hope that helps!

Message 28 of 133 (3,177 Views)

sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie
why is sims 4 only coming out with a PC download and not a game for ps3 or xbox, like sims 3?
Message 29 of 133 (899 Views)