Re: System Mechanic...

by JLM1200

Original Post

Accepted Solution

System Mechanic...

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

My Launcher isn't working correctly.

Does anybody know if System Mechanic is incompatible with the Sims 3? 

I would like to know, because if uninstallation is unnecessary, that would be good. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 1 of 10 (467 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

No, you didn't do anything wrong, I was just wondering, what triggered the remark on your side.

It's possible that a program conflicts with the launcher, some Anti Virus programs do.  I just looked up the tool. Seems to be similar to CClenaer.

Do you have it running all the time or do you have the issue when it's simply installed but not running ?

They had some site issues earlier, so that might have been the problem but the Exchange has been acting up for many recently.

The script errors are annoying. I get them sometimes and then they disappear. Don't know what triggers them though. Possibly Java or flash player not being up-to-date or a problem with their server.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (458 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I have no idea what that is but I see no reason why it should.

Try to describe the issues your seeing with the launcher. Did you update Origin today ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (463 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh, this is another stupid admission. I didn't know there was an Origin update.

I do believe that is what I should do first. 

I am sorry to have inconvenienced you with this. 

Message 3 of 10 (460 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I've seen a few topics about this posted around the internet, The all say roughly the same thing a few things can cause this apparently.

-Limited internet connection.

-Launcher open in another logged in user (on the same PC)

-Is it running idled in the system tray?

Message 4 of 10 (459 Views)

Hero

You didn't, what does make you say that ?

I wouldn't have answered if I didn't wanna help you it's only kinda hard if you don't describe your issue (many people don't which makes helping difficult).

If you posted them in another thread, I'm sorry. I read so many issues each day, can't remember how posted what Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Gives us something to keep ourselves occupied. It wasn't an inconvenience at all, At least if someone else has the same issue its hear already for them Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I hope I didn't upset either of you. Crin, I sincerely thought I should try to see if it were Origin which needed updating before I wrote more about it. I am sorry for not being more precisely query about the Origin update sent me running to check that out.

I really don't want to upset anybody. I am sorry that it is hard to answer questions and not being given enough information. Very soon I will be answering questions like that, also. It is nothing short of frustrating. However, Crin, you are doing an excellent job and I hope you do not get too frustrated. Your loss to this site would be unthinkable.

I checked and I do have Origin 9.2... It is up-to-date.

I tried to upload something and again it failed.

I uninstalled System Mechanic and was able to upload a picture. For some reason, that program runs interference with the Sims 3. Everytime I install it, I have Launcher issues.

I will reinstall it in the future and uninstall it after having it run. It does a very nice clean up job.

So, I think everything is okay. There is a script error showing up before my Launcher, but if I hit 'Yes, run anyway,' then it seems to run fine.

As for uploading that black cat, maybe some other day or maybe not. I don't need to upload it.. It isn't that important.

Thank you for your help and courtesy. Again, if I have offended either of you, please accept my apologies. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 7 of 10 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

No, you didn't do anything wrong, I was just wondering, what triggered the remark on your side.

It's possible that a program conflicts with the launcher, some Anti Virus programs do.  I just looked up the tool. Seems to be similar to CClenaer.

Do you have it running all the time or do you have the issue when it's simply installed but not running ?

They had some site issues earlier, so that might have been the problem but the Exchange has been acting up for many recently.

The script errors are annoying. I get them sometimes and then they disappear. Don't know what triggers them though. Possibly Java or flash player not being up-to-date or a problem with their server.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (459 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it is a cleaner. I had it running all of the time.

I do think it would be easier to just reinstall it when I clean my files and uninstall it shortly afterwards.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this further.

Message 9 of 10 (441 Views)

Hero

I would look into removing it from your auto start (if it autostarts) and only run it when you need it. This way you don't have to install/uninstall all the time.

It takes up resources if you have it running all the time and if you're playing the game, you might need those valuble resources. So just start it when you need it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (438 Views)