by CarryCherry92

Original Post

Symbols mixed up after July 20 2021 patch update

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EPs as of now Gameplay-Packs: Jungle, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor, Interior, Spa Day Stuff-Packs: Kitchen, Fitness, Backyard, Kidsroom, Toddler, Luxury Party, Romantic Garden, Patio, Tiny Houses, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gameplay menu
What happens when the bug occurs? The symbols for the inventory, phone etc. are mixed up.
What do you expect to see? The right symbols.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installation of the July 20 2021 patch

I've just installed the newest patch and now the symbols for the inventory, phone etc. are mixed up. Example: It shows the inventory symbol where the phone is and when I hover over it, it shows the light bulb symbol. It does open the phone though as it's supposed to.

Message 1 of 6 (556 Views)

Re: Symbols mixed up after July 20 2021 patch update

★★★★ Pro
@CarryCherry92 Please try this without mods. The issue doesn't happen in my vanilla game.
Message 2 of 6 (548 Views)

★★ Novice

Looks normal with mods/CC disabled. I'm still quite new to Sims 4. Does that mean I have to find the mod/s that might cause the problem and remove them or wait for updates for the new patch?

Message 3 of 6 (533 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This exactly.

Message 4 of 6 (530 Views)

Hero
@CarryCherry92 Moved to tech as it's a mod issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (527 Views)

★★ Novice

I found the mod that was causing the problems for me. I had only one or two that were integrated in the phone system. It was Wonderful Whims by TURBODRIVER who already uploaded an update. Simmers are the best!

Message 6 of 6 (446 Views)