Re: Surrounding lights in the world too bright

by Tkilroy36

Original Post

Surrounding lights in the world too bright

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The past few days my game became unbearably bright! It is from the surrounding lights when the sun shines. It even shines into the house even though all walls are closed and I have a roof. The main problem really is going outside. I can't see anything because the surrounding is so washed out and painfully white and bright. I'm including some images.

10-16-20_2-25-01 PM.png

10-16-20_2-25-08 PM.png

10-16-20_2-25-14 PM.png

10-16-20_2-25-44 PM.png

10-16-20_2-25-53 PM.png

I can't play like this at all! I tried repairing the game, playing in windowed mode, adjusting settings for graphics in game and adjusting the brightness of my screen. Nothing works! And yes, the second to last image which is completely white is as bad as it gets when I try to zoom out in the world. Not only is it inconvenient but it also hurts my eyes! Please help!

This also happens when I switch to build mode. The lighting doesn't change even if I switch to night view.

I'm playing on a PC.

Message 1 of 13 (1,874 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@lucinasims 

Please delete options.ini in your The Sims 4 folder. this will reset all changes you have done in the game. You can also just move it to somewhere else as a backup if you prefer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 13 (1,860 Views)

★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsenThanks for the suggestions. I did that but the effect is still the same. I really don't know what to do. It's also very frustrating in build mode because now I can't build anything in this world anymore. It looks like it's especially bad in Willow Creek. I haven't noticed it in any other world.

Message 3 of 13 (1,858 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@lucinasims 

Do you see the same issue if you start a new game?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 13 (1,851 Views)

★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen 

I play tested and it looks fine when I start a new game. Do you think that save file is just broken?

Message 5 of 13 (1,845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen

I moved my family to Windenburg and now I have the same effect there within the same save file. I just really don't want to start over because of all the collections and relationships they have. I'm playing a legacy challenge and I'm in gen 7. I've played this family for a long time now.

Message 6 of 13 (1,835 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@lucinasims 

It looks like it is the household that is bugged. Unfortunately I think you need to start over. If you use CC on them it might help removing that.

Message 7 of 13 (1,830 Views)

★ Apprentice

That's a bummer! But thanks for your help. Really appreciate that.

Message 8 of 13 (1,827 Views)

★ Guide

Do u have ecolife installed, it looks familiar to a complaint thread a long time ago when u reach green level the sky gets very bright

Message 9 of 13 (1,817 Views)

★ Apprentice

yes, I do have ecolife installed. it has given me a lot of problems with random push ups to the point where I couldn't play anymore at all. I fixed it with a mod and was able to play again for a couple of weeks and now this. It is really frustarting. I have put so much time and effort into this family.

Message 10 of 13 (1,786 Views)