Super speed doesn't work

by RandyMandy27

Original Post

Highlighted

Super speed doesn't work

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I've googled this for ages and have heard some similar issues but nothing exactly the same. For years now my third speed doesn't function properly when everyone is asleep or at work. It just continues to cycle through the same 10 minutes or so on the clock instead of progressing through the day. My only option is to always have someone awake or only use the second speed which is so slow when there's no one to play. I have tried repairing the game and no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 13 (787 Views)

Re: Super speed doesn't work

Hero
@RandyMandy27 Does it matter if you play in a house or apartment ?

Do you have any pets on the lot ?

What platform are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (757 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict hi thanks for answering! Houses and apartments are both affected. Even multiple save files. I'm playing on a PC. I usually have pets...trying to remember back if this was an issue without...I'll try a file without asap and see if that helps Standard smile

Message 3 of 13 (727 Views)

Hero
@RandyMandy27 There is a bug report if there's pets: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-CD-No-Ultra-Speed-While-Pets-are-Awake/td-p/6548391/

It's not that popular anymore but maybe that's what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (715 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict oh took a look and nope not the same thing I'm encountering. I'll try to record it because it's tricky to explain
Message 5 of 13 (692 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I noticed in the patch notes from June 4 what sounds like my issue has been fixed Standard smile

"City Living

• Fixed an issue that caused time to be desynchronized at Speed 3. Bending the space time continuum no more!"
Message 6 of 13 (659 Views)

Hero
@RandyMandy27 yet you're still seeing it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (635 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict alas yes :'(

Message 8 of 13 (625 Views)

Hero
@RandyMandy27 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (620 Views)

Hero
@RandyMandy27 Tested your save and while it was stuck at the beginning for a bit (I do have that kind of lag too), it then went to fast forward.

Have you tried repairing your game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (582 Views)