Re: Super lag?

by mohammadali118

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Super lag?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Standard smile

I dont really know if the lag is from snowy escape pack or the update. I just get the snowy escape ep.I update only once 12/11 (in asia) (EST?). 

The problems I am having:

1) I cant see something that I click. For example, When I click on fridge nothing happen for me to choose. And when Im about to leave the game let say to 'manage world' while saving it then I can see the options that I can no longer click.

2) It took ages to save or load. Usually when I save it only take several minute to save. And now when I try to load certain household the loading screen took ages. I repair my game when there was update where I seems not knowing how many percentage was done update cause the origin lag and after I went to the game there was no options for me to view sims profile.

Message 1 of 11 (679 Views)

Accepted Solution

@mohammadali118  The saves folder in the new Sims 4 folder should be empty, since you're not creating any new saves in the new folder.  So you can just delete the empty saves folder and place a copy of the old one there instead.  Be sure to copy and paste the old saves folder though, don't drag and drop.  This way, you'll have a backup copy of your saves and can experiment on the new copy without worrying about the consequences.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (572 Views)

All Replies

@mohammadali118  Try disabling Origin in-game while you play, and if that doesn't work, put Origin in offline mode.  Origin can use extra resources these days, sometimes for no apparent reason.  For Origin in-game, hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header.  The option to go offline should be in the Origin dropdown menu.

If these steps don't help, please test in a new save, and let me know whether the lag is still present.  If it is, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 11 (666 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for your suggestion
I did
Disabling Origin in game
Offline mode for origin
All, stuck on loading screen when going to household but not opening the game as it run normally.

For dxdiag, I did follow the steps until attach file, as I dont know what to open. It say EA Help, but I dont actually know what/where lol sorry I feel dumb..
Message 3 of 11 (647 Views)

@mohammadali118  You can attach a file to a post in this thread.  There should be a button that says Browse, or something similar, below the text field where you type your answer.  Click on that, find your dxdiag, and attach it.

Message 4 of 11 (623 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I still have no idea how to create new thread...lol sorry i feel so dumb..
Message 5 of 11 (598 Views)

@mohammadali118  You don't need to create a new thread.  Start a reply to me, as you've been doing, and then you can attach the dxdiag to that reply.  Be sure to use "Reply," not "Quick reply."

Message 6 of 11 (591 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ohh i see lol..my bad..here I attach my DxDiag. Anyway, I can play with the new household I just created for Snowy Escape cause I eager want to play that pack. But I couldn't go to my existing household. Somehow I got stuck on loading screen until I force quit on task manager.

Message 7 of 11 (588 Views)

@mohammadali118  Your graphics drivers are quite old, and it's a good idea to update the Nvidia driver at least.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/132841/en-us

However, if a new save runs fine, the issue may be your existing save and not anything about your computer.  Try loading the save in a clean user folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Dcouments\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  You can quit at the Main Menu, then copy the contents of the saves folder in the old Sims 4 folder to the new one.

If your save still runs slowly in the new folder, try loading a backup copy of that save instead:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Message 8 of 11 (586 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Do I have to replace when I copy back to the new save folder?
Message 9 of 11 (584 Views)

@mohammadali118  The saves folder in the new Sims 4 folder should be empty, since you're not creating any new saves in the new folder.  So you can just delete the empty saves folder and place a copy of the old one there instead.  Be sure to copy and paste the old saves folder though, don't drag and drop.  This way, you'll have a backup copy of your saves and can experiment on the new copy without worrying about the consequences.

Message 10 of 11 (573 Views)