Re: Sunset Valley Loaded in Unpopulated

by Kibocca

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sunset Valley Loaded in Unpopulated

★★★ Novice

I've never posted on this site before and can't post on the Sims Forums, so I hope my post isn't in the wrong place.

I've looked this up online and haven't gotten any answers or found anyone with similar issues.

I was planning to do a Lepacy challenge in my Sims 3 game, and loaded in and had been playing for a while when I realized that there were barely any people in my town. I didn't think much of it and eventually had found a few sims anyway. After I was annoyed at the fact that my sim had barely any friends and couldn't really find any other than work, I decided to go into edit town and place some of my old sims. While I was doing that, I noticed that almost every household was empty and there was nobody living anywhere, except for the 3 sims I had met that I've never seen in Sunset Valley before. No Goths, no Landgraabs etc.

I don't know why this happened, and would like to prevent that from happening in the future. If anyone else has or has had this issue, please let me know. I'll update after I test some more as well.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (707 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Kibocca  Did you load the real Sunset Valley, or Adventureland?  The latter looks the same—same layout, houses, community lots, etc.—but is just a test world with only a couple of inhabitants, not the usual households.

Another possible cause of this is using a particular mod that replaces the shells for a couple of University buildings.  Direct links to mods aren't allowed on this site, but this mod is by AussomeDays and is known to remove townies from new saves when it's present.  The solution is to remove the mod before starting a new save, or to only use it when your sims are about to travel to the University world and remove it when they're back home.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (700 Views)

All Replies

@Kibocca  Did you load the real Sunset Valley, or Adventureland?  The latter looks the same—same layout, houses, community lots, etc.—but is just a test world with only a couple of inhabitants, not the usual households.

Another possible cause of this is using a particular mod that replaces the shells for a couple of University buildings.  Direct links to mods aren't allowed on this site, but this mod is by AussomeDays and is known to remove townies from new saves when it's present.  The solution is to remove the mod before starting a new save, or to only use it when your sims are about to travel to the University world and remove it when they're back home.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (701 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was not in Adventureland, but I did have that mod! Thank you!

Message 3 of 3 (696 Views)