Re: Sulani Problems after Patch July 16

by kreatora

Original Post

Sulani Problems after Patch July 16

★★★ Novice

I am having problems with households on Sulani since the July 16 update.  I have been able to play other households normally, but Sulani households just stop for up to 30 seconds at a time, then suddenly start again.  If a sim is working on a skill when the game pauses, they suddenly gain a new skill point when the game starts again.  In a matter of 4 minutes of game play, I had a sim gain three skill points in computer programming.  There seem to be some glitches involved in the most recent update.

Message 1 of 6 (275 Views)

★★ Novice
@Klammerts Not exactly my issues but I can’t even use island living after the update. It shows owned but that it’s not downloaded, but doesn’t give me an option to download.
Message 2 of 6 (266 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Klammerts

Raising skill may be related to this bug
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-IL-Research-Conservation-causes-many-skills-to-increase/m...

But pauses in the game can be related to mods or CC. If you have any mods or CC move your mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package file, fix the game in Origin and try without mods.

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 6 (264 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@octoashley

Uninstall Origin using the Revo - free version
https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/
and download Origin from here
http://origin.com/download
Message 4 of 6 (262 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kreatora Thanks, but the skill level increase is happening to all sims, all careers, not related to research at all. For instance, one sim in this household is a conservationist, but he is practicing a speech. The other sim is a computer programmer, practicing programming. The game pauses, as in the clock keeps ticking, but the sims just stop moving in any way. Suddenly, the sims start moving again, usually within 15 to 30 seconds, and whatever skill they were working on, the skill bar above their head fills all the way up and they gain another skill point. This is regardless of whether they just started the skill or have it nearly complete. As soon as the sims "unfreeze" for lack of a better description, they immediately gain a new skill point. It is only happening on Sulani, though. My other sims in other worlds are all operating as normal.
Message 5 of 6 (247 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Klammerts

Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. If you don't use mods - skip this step.
Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder with your old saves and library working properly.

Message 6 of 6 (240 Views)