Stuck on "Verifying Game Files"

by LinnySue

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck on "Verifying Game Files"

★★★★ Novice

I have the Sims 4 Limited Edition Disc version and I can play it offline, but when I go online it says there is an update. ( I have had this issue since it has first released). I have not been able to play online at all. I click on update and it goes straight to saying "Verifying Game Files" and it goes on for about 30 minutes to an hour and then says download failed. I have a good internet connection so idk what the problem is but I would like to play online. 

Can anyone help me please? :c

Message 1 of 16 (32,912 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck on "Verifying Game Files"

★★★ Newbie
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Updates-and-Verifying-Game-Files/m-p/4659448/highlight/false#M48...

Try this. after trying 100s of things and spending hours on it this person finally naild it for me! and if it helps pass it on. there are so many ppl experienceing this problem

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (28,721 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try reinstalling Origin and make sure your Antivirus/firewall are not blocking the connection

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (32,847 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did and it didnt work. I also re-installed sims and that also didnt work :c

Message 3 of 16 (32,838 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This might sound 'SILLY' to ask, but have you restarted your computer since that error started?

I had the same problem, and all I did was restart the PC and then it worked.

Also, when you re-installed your Origin, did you make sure the Origin files and the Sims 4 files were deleted as well? Because some times some files stay on your PC even though you have uninstalled the program(s)

If that doesn't work, then I'm sorry because that's all I can suggest at this current time.

Tony

Message 4 of 16 (32,833 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have restarted many time but I didnt delete my sims 4 folder. That may be the issue

Message 5 of 16 (32,829 Views)

Hero

Try deleting the Origin cache files as described in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-button-greyed-out/m-p/3461659

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (32,827 Views)

Verifying Game Files

★★★★ Novice

I have had Sims 4 since the day after it came out and it has not been able to get past "Verifying Game Files" 

It goes on for almost an hour or more then says download failed. I have tried many things and talked to several advisors. I don't know what else I can do to fix this, but It's preventing me from updating the game.

These are the things I have tried.

1. Clean boot

2. Safe mode with networking

3. Clean Cache

4. uninstalled and reinstalled origin and sims multiple times. 

5. turned off my firewall and anti virus

and  a few other things. please help :c

Message 7 of 16 (32,760 Views)

Re: Verifying Game Files

★★★★ Novice

Does this happen in Offline or Online mode ?

Message 8 of 16 (32,757 Views)

★★★★ Novice

in online mode. I can play it in offline mode but then I don't get the fun stuff from the updates

Message 9 of 16 (32,755 Views)

★★★★ Novice

bump

Message 10 of 16 (32,745 Views)