Stuck on loading screen

by SteelR99

Original Post

Stuck on loading screen

★★ Novice

Hello,

A couple days ago I couldn't load my save(stuck on loading screen). I was able to recover the previous version of that save file but I ended up losing my progress after playing like 6 hours. And the loading screen got stuck again today when I tried to leave cas(modify sims in cas), so I forced quit the game through task manager and after that, whenever I tried to load the game, it got stuck on loading screen. (I can still load my other save files)

Things I tried without recovering the previous version(without losing progress):

1. Repair the game

2. Remove mod(I only had showsimsinfo mod which doesn't work after snowy escape update)

3. Clear cache(Origin and game)

I tried resetting the game as was suggested in https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/. But what ends up happening is that the New Game and Load Game in the main menu disappeared, so I couldn't go beyond the main menu to test out the game.

(Sorry for bad english)

Thank You

Message 1 of 2 (163 Views)

Re: Stuck on loading screen

[ Edited ]

@SteelR99  When you moved the Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, you moved all your content with it, including saves.  That's why the New Game and Load Game buttons are gone: there are no saves to load, so your only option is to click the Play button to start a new one.

Please try this and see if the new save works.  You don't have to spend much time on it; just make sure live mode runs okay.  If it does, you can copy your existing save from the old Sims 4 folder to the new one.  (Saves are located in the saves folder, and you can sort by modified date to find your most recent ones.)  Let me know whether the old save loads in the new folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (143 Views)