Stuck on loading screen and limited access?!

by nicklovett10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck on loading screen and limited access?!

★★★★ Novice

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me. I haven’t been on sims for a few days and today I updated my game. When I last played it the game was fine however now it’s gone gone extremely weird and is not working. When I play a family first of all it will not let me click on a lot of things for example the relationship bar, the inventory, the sims info and also the three dots which allow you to save or got to manage worlds etc. Little things like change outfit aren’t working either. And then if I manage to exit the family by going to manage worlds it will be stuck on the loading screen until I turn off my computer and lose my progress. The plumbob keeps spinning and the words going across the screen but it won’t leave that screen! This also happens when I exit cas. I did download some new cc before playing so I removed the cc which I thought might be causing the issue however this did not fix it. Is there any chance the update could have broken mods or cc I already had in my game that had been working before. I am honestly very stuck and any help would be appreciated!!!

Message 1 of 12 (1,718 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck on loading screen and limited access?!

Hero (Retired)
@nicklovett10

I think that broken mod after the patch is causing it. Broken mod could also have damaged your files in the game folder so the best is to do the reset of your game folder.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes. Save and check if this problem disappeared in the new game
If yes
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (1,710 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@nicklovett10

I think that broken mod after the patch is causing it. Broken mod could also have damaged your files in the game folder so the best is to do the reset of your game folder.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes. Save and check if this problem disappeared in the new game
If yes
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 12 (1,711 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora Okay I will try this thank you, I just want to make sure that by doing this I will not lose any progress from my game??
Message 3 of 12 (1,701 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@nicklovett10

Of course not!
I would never recommend anything that could damage your saves or library. I always use it if I have problems in my game.
Message 4 of 12 (1,696 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora Thankyou so much I will try this straight away!
Message 5 of 12 (1,693 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora Just checking when I copy and paste over the folders from the old sims 4 folder do I do just the ones you mentioned or all of them?
Message 6 of 12 (1,681 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@nicklovett10

Only these I have mentioned. Your saves folder - there are your all games you play, and Tray folder - your library. But remember you need before delete these same empty folders created by the game in this new folder The Sims4. You can't have two the same there. And don't worry so much. I promise everything will be fine

Message 7 of 12 (1,675 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora Omg thankyou this worked a treat thanks for ur help!!!! Game is working again and I found that the culprit was actually UI extensions mod so if anyone else is having this issue, this was the culprit for me!
Message 8 of 12 (1,666 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@nicklovett10

Thank you for the indication of the culprit. Glad it worked for you.
Have a great time with your game Standard smile
Message 9 of 12 (1,652 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora you don’t happen to know of a miracle way to quickly reapply all of my sims cc or is that pushing my luck😂😂 I can tell this is gonna a very long process
Message 10 of 12 (1,638 Views)