Stuck on loading screen December 2020

by Shanna1381

Original Post

Stuck on loading screen December 2020

★ Novice

For the past couple days I would be able to play fine, but my game would suddenly get stuck on the loading screen when coming out of cas or when going to travel. Now I can't even play as when I start up the game and choose my household it just endlessly loads even after I hear the sound that the household has loaded. I have a bunch of CC and Mods but haven't downloaded any news ones for a while. I even cleared out a bunch of the CC that was broken. I'm so desperate, does anyone know what I should do? I've even tried moving the folder to my desktop and starting a new game, and even reinstalling the game all together. 

Message 1 of 5 (531 Views)

Re: Stuck on loading screen December 2020

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Shanna1381 Try this! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-infinite-loading-screen/td-p/6794176

Press +XP if this worked or you need further assistance.
Message 2 of 5 (519 Views)

@Shanna1381  When you moved the Sims 4 folder and started a new save, did that new save load properly?  If not, please try again, this time while your computer is completely offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before launching the game.

If the new save does work fine, copy your existing save to the new Sims 4 folder and see how it runs.  Don't add any other content though, at least not yet.  Since you're copying the save rather than moving it, you don't have to worry about missing custom content—the original save will be intact in the old Sims 4 folder, and you can freely experiment on the new one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (506 Views)

★ Novice

Yes when I moved the old folder and started a new save everything worked fine. But when I copied my saves and mods back in, the problem happened again. I've even tried clearing the cache and tray folders.

Message 4 of 5 (494 Views)

@Shanna1381  Test your old saves without your mods.  You can copy them to the new Sims 4 folder rather than dragging and dropping; that way, the originals will be intact and you can freely experiment on the copies.

If the saves work with no mods, you can start adding back your mods in batches, testing each time to see whether the problem reappears.  If and when it does, you'll need to split the last batch you added and retest until you find the problem file(s).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (473 Views)