Stuck loading screen

by th6_plyr

Original Post

Stuck loading screen

★★★ Novice

Hey,

Today I've noticed I'm getting stuck at the loading screen of my game. Not sure what to do about it. I repaired my game and nothing...

Message 1 of 6 (523 Views)

Re: Stuck loading screen

@th6_plyr  Please update your Nvidia graphics driver, which is almost a year old.  You can get the newest driver offered by Dell for your particular laptop here:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/g-series-17-7790-laptop/drivers

Restart your computer after installing and before trying to play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (498 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had to manually update what I could. For some reason, updating automatically was not working for me. Downloaded supportassis4x and nothing. 

Message 3 of 6 (459 Views)

@th6_plyr  Your new dxdiag doesn't show any Sims 4 errors, just a bunch of update errors and a couple other Windows issues.  (Your Nvidia graphics driver is updated now though.)  So please run some basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards.

To be thorough, move the Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop (even if you did so earlier) before trying to launch the game.  If it still doesn't work, please look for any new related error in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes, and you'll see a chart of errors and updates with a column for each day.

For any error that mentions Sims 4 or Origin from after you ran DISM and sfc, or any error that happened at exactly the time you tried to launch the game, right-click on the error name and select View technical details, then copy the information and paste it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (442 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't restarted the my cpu yet, but since updating the driver...so far so good.

Screenshot (3).png

Message 5 of 6 (409 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Is it too I’m usually left in the loading screen for an hour sometimes on the PlayStation 4 but you just have to keep waiting patch update after patch update
Message 6 of 6 (398 Views)