Re: Stuck in origins offline mode Sims 4

by RolandasR1

Original Post

Stuck in origins offline mode Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to install The Sims 4 and I cant login to my origin account because it says i must be online when logging in? I've been trying to install this for months now and keep getting the same response. Please help, this is a very expensive game.

Message 1 of 9 (2,026 Views)

Hero

Make sure you have Proxies turned off.

Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings --> Untick Proxy Server

Here's some other suggestions: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-Fix-Origin-Login-Unavailable/td-p/3218195

If this doesn't help, check this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-Client-says-quot-Online-login-is-currently-unavailable/td-p/2... or this one: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-Client-says-quot-Online-login-is-currently-unavailable/td-p/2...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Not actually the same as it is described here, but the latest version doesn't allow to play offline. Previously, it had checked if my PC was offline and started the game in offline mode. Now it asks for the game activation which cannot be performed in the offline mode. Origin client detects the offline mode but still asks for the activation by popping up a new dialog. Thus, with the unplugged router I cannot play it. I mean when network status has a yellow warning icon, not when it has a red cross over the icon in the system tray.

Message 3 of 9 (1,984 Views)

Hero

And you can play when you go online ? Is the game still properly showing up in myGames ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Well, yes. If I use a PC-phone for the internet connection everything is fine (even if I share the connection from my other PC which has direct connection to the phone), then I disconnect when the game starts. I suspect that my ISP is modifying https answers sometimes, they use some redirect. Don't know the details, but it is a virtual LAN. Anyway, it's not a very big issue for me, because I can unplug the network cable anytime. However, if the origin detects offline mode then it should not ask for the activation. That's the main point (first activate and then detect offline, and in Sims 4 it is in opposite). However, I am not sure how all certificates are checked by origin.

Btw, I own DVD version of the base game. And Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning (downloaded version), which I own as well starts without problems.

As for showing in games, all hidden games are displayed when origin starts in offline, it simply doesn't show played time.

Message 5 of 9 (1,963 Views)

Hero

The game sometimes asks for activation if it's not  showing in your account properly, that's why I asked. 

Usually it should not ask for reactivation in offline or online mode. It also doesn't matter if you have DVD or Download version. Apart from where you install from, they are the same. You don't need the disc to play the game.

I play in offline mode most of the time (but with Internet connection) and never had to reactivate the game. Can't really help with the details why it's not working for you. Maybe someone in the Origin forum can help better with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Can't really help with the details why it's not working for you. Maybe someone in the Origin forum can help better with this.

I suppose so. It's a way of interaction between game and origin. I am not a noob, I am a software developer, thus just wanted to help. There are two points of interaction: 1. Origin checks certificates. 2. Game checks the certificates. It's a pity, that DVD version requires activation and the downloaded version doesn't. Still, Origin interacts with the game add-on, and for me it simply doesn't pass its status as being offline, or it's a bug Sims 4 not handling that status correctly. Or Origin which show hidden games? Because Origin already asked my credentials (stupid to do that in offline mode, but anyway).

Message 7 of 9 (1,939 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, just so I'm clear, on the disc version of the game, have you played it once in online mode before?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 9 (1,917 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well obvious the other issue is probably waiting 18 hours for your download to be ready. Its how long I waited for mine. I trying to figure out why occurred and found offline way was to turn off connection and use dvds If I known that all I had do get discs to play I would gone that route with strange behavior I received maybe if EA labeled their discs it might gone better for some us.

For me I think that bit crazy...

maybe what you have do if your have origins and account go to your game repair it.  thus getting your ability go online?  Whose know you get same crazy problem we all suffering everyday.

Never going offline symptom.

Message 9 of 9 (1,650 Views)