Stuck in Gallery - Endless Loading

by cinnaluna

Original Post

Stuck in Gallery - Endless Loading

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi there,

does anyone know a workaround for when your game gets stuck in gallery, endlessly loading some action? Normally I just kill the game but I've been working on my spark'd entry for like 2 hours and am not entirely sure when I saved last -.-

If anyone knows of a way to kill the gallery once it gets stuck, I'd be super grateful :D

Message 1 of 14 (5,790 Views)

Re: Stuck in Gallery - Endless Loading

Champion
@cinnaluna It seems to me that this is a case of lagging. Probably due to your system. I think you need more RAM to get over this. Could you give some more information about the computer you are using and especially the type of processor, speed etc.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 14 (5,759 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can't give you my pc details here, have to look them up when I'm under linux next time. But my PC is less than a year old and has far more performance than what's needed to run the sims. Also I never ever have problems with the game itself, it is always the gallery that gets stuck with loading endlessly. I can even load really big and complex buildings with tons of tiny elements rotated with t.o.o.l. mod and the like without lag. So I kinda doubt that giving a like to an already opened gallery item should cause a lag that ultimately crashes the game.

Message 3 of 14 (5,751 Views)

Hero
@cinnaluna Are you running the game under linux or windows ?

What antivirus are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (5,719 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

sorry for taking so long. I run the game under windows and I just use windows security as we have a hardware firewall as well.

Message 5 of 14 (5,678 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@cinnaluna Are you using Mods/CC on the game because broken mods/cc can cause infinite loading times on the game 

Message 6 of 14 (5,663 Views)

Hero
@cinnaluna To be clear, when do you see the lags. I think I might have misunderstood where you see them.

a) the gallery doesn't load the preview of the some item
b) When you place an object from the gallery, it loads endlessly
c) Once you placed the object from the gallery, you can't enter the lot as it loads endlessly

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (5,649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

actually none of the above. I opened an item on the gallery to see the preview. It finished loading and I looked at all the previews. Then I wanted to give it a like and it started loading and loading and loading. Everything was already loaded normally, all I did was click on the like button and it crashed my game O_O So I was still inside this popup window you get when you look at a gallery item and tried to give a like to it.

Message 8 of 14 (5,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@cinnaluna and that now happens every time you try it ?

I mean, to answer your original question: No, there's no way to get out of it other than killing the game once you have it but the question is, is there a way to prevent it and that probably depends if it was a one time thing or happens every time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (5,600 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

it happened maybe twice. Most of the time it is fine. But still it felt kind of weird that it would crash like this on something that shouldn't be much to calculate compared to other stuff. But then, it's maybe not always logical what causes crashes. Wink

Message 10 of 14 (5,584 Views)