by crinrict

Original Post

Stray Cat gets deleted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Dogs and Cats, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Talk to a stray cat, and offer it friendship
What happens when the bug occurs? Cat gets deleted
What do you expect to see? I expected for the offer friendship animation to occur
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I was outside, at the Salty Paws Saloon looking for a stray cat at about 10:00PM. I found one, her name was Rani. I begin talking to her, and I got the friendship meter about a quarter way full. I attempted to offer my friendship, however when I did so no animation occurred and Rani vanished instantly. I checked my Sims relationship bar and she was not on it. Is there at least an explanation for this? I really liked that cat.

Link to video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ee8ftTOMZSjzJVNhT4VAwTekiRWdreeM

Link to save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MN-5EXCrODFnee5yl4tdbsPE2KClX-qB

When using the save, replace the Sims 4 file with this one. Continue playing as Wasabi Koi, and wait until 3:35 AM. The cat's relationship bar will then get deleted.

Message 1 of 6 (582 Views)

Re: Stray Cat gets deleted

★★ Novice

EDIT: After exiting without saving, and waiting at the same place at the same time ,after reloading the SIms 4, Rani did eventually re-appear. Sorry!

Message 2 of 6 (581 Views)

★★ Novice

EDIT FOR THE EDIT: After loading in the Sims again, Rani did infact disappear again at 3:35. I have a video recording if anyone wants it, this refuses to post with the video attached. Sorry. I'll also copy the save if anyone wants to take a look. The glitch happens 100% in this save.

Message 3 of 6 (570 Views)

Hero

Could you please test if this happens on an unmodded game as well ?

Also, to edit your posts, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the post you want to edit and choose edit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (555 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks crinrict! I tested the game with no mods, and the glitch is still occurring. The save of the game I'm using I've added as a link in the original post, as well as the video. Thank you! Large smileStandard smile

Message 5 of 6 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Bit confused on your save. Rani ïs part of the Koi household in that save a bit different from the video ?

@WasabiGummyBear 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (505 Views)