by keekee53

Original Post

[OPEN] [SV] Strangerville Cloud Remains After the Story

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You just simply play strangerville story and end it. I played with one household (2 adults, 2 children) and one of them was the hero, and one was the partner who defeated mother plant together. My house was in the Strangerville Plaza.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cloud over the lab doesn't disappear even I defeat the mother. Every single time I play, every time it stucks in the sky.
What do you expect to see? No bizzare clouds after defeating the mother plant!!!!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

see.jpg

see that?

I'm sure that someone reported this in the past and yet not solved.

I sure want a refund if this bug remains... I don't want any clouds and I'm tired starting over and over again.

WORK EA!!!!

+ One simple info:

My household was living in Strangerville Plaza, and I realized that any other neighbors (the richier one, and the lab) had no clouds after the fight.

Only the Strangerville Plaza has it.

Message 11 of 51 (4,665 Views)

Strangerville Cloud Stuck in the Neighborhood

★ Guide

Strangerville cloud stuck in my neighborhood even though I have defeated Mother.  I have repaired, deleted local cache, revived and killed her again.

Message 1 of 51 (4,759 Views)

Re: Strangerville Cloud Stuck in the Neighborhood

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, @keekee53.

That's no good! Who wants that thing sticking around? Frown

Do you have any other signs of Mother still around after defeating her? For example, do you see the strange plants growing still?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 51 (4,741 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Arrenai 

Yes I still see plants but in places I cannot access.  I revived mother and killed her again just to see if it was bugged and I still have the problem.  I did the quest with a sim that used to be a landlord and I wonder if that is an issue. 

Message 3 of 51 (4,734 Views)

Thanks for the reply, @keekee53.

Would you happen to be running any CC / mods with your game? If so, please try moving the mods folder to another location and deleting the localthumbcache.package file, and then run the game again. This will help us to see if a mod may be interacting negatively with the Strangerville story.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 4 of 51 (4,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Arrenai 

I removed my mods folder and deleted the localthumbcache and ran the game.  I still have the cloud and the plant in areas I cannot access.  When I travel to the science lab, it looks like everything is normal but when I travel back home the cloud and plants show up.

If you hover your mouse over the the science lab bar, it is still black.  I am not sure if that was suppose to change during the story or not.   I am going to try to revive the mother and play through the whole story with another character.  Do you have a suggestion for the best way to revive her?  Should I set a level of strangeness or anything?  I am pretty clueless with this pack because I just play through the story for the first time recently.  I really love the world but the cloud and plants are really killing the world for me.

Message 5 of 51 (4,709 Views)

Hey there, @keekee53.

I'm sorry to hear it's still giving you a rough time.

Would you be able to try something for me? You'll need to backup your saves and mods, but it should clear out any issues with the game cache that may be keeping the Strangerville problems around.

Backing up and resetting The Sims 4

Please give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 6 of 51 (4,694 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Arrenai 

Did the reset of the game.  I was adding each item in one by one.

Options.ini  started the game everything was fine.

I added in my saves folder and checked strangerville and the cloud was back along with all the random plants in areas you cannot access.  So the problem definitely lies within the save folder because I didn't even get a chance to add my screenshots, custom music, tray folder or mod folder back in before I encountered the issue.

Message 7 of 51 (4,674 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Arrenai 

Any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 51 (4,656 Views)

Thanks for the reply, @keekee53.

After removing the files, could you please try another repair through Origin to see if it improves the situation?

If you're able to do another revive of Mother, and then try to go through the process with another Sim, I'd like to see how that goes for you, as well.

Thanks for your patience so far! I know it's a lot of file switcheroos. Standard smile 

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 9 of 51 (4,629 Views)