Original Post

Accepted Solution

StrangerVille: Plantphobia moodlet after plants are removed and boss defeated

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions and Game packs, Stuff packs: Toddler stuff, Fitness, Classical luxury, Outdoor, Children's room, Horror and Hot kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a family in Stranger Ville. Play through the alien plants. Get plants to grow out of your toilets and sinks and go defeat the boss without removing the plants. After the boss go home and remove the plants growing from pipes.
What happens when the bug occurs? I removed plants growing from pipes after I had defeated the boss. My sims still get the negative Plantphobia moodlet from sinks and toilets even after I have removed the plants, and they go staring and gasping to empty sinks which used to have plants growing in them. Applies also to sims that weren't in the room when the plants were still there.
What do you expect to see? After making sims remove the plants from pipes, the moodlet would not trigger anymore from the cleaned toilets/sinks/showers. I also expected the plants to disappear from my sinks and toilets after defeating the boss (after all, the alien plants from outside are gone).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This was my first time playing the Stranger Ville mystery and haven't tried does this happen if you remove the plants before defeating the boss. Also I think selling and buying new sinks or toilets or whatever is affecting sims works as workaround but it's still really annoying and wastes simoleons and upgrades you may have in the items..

Message 1 of 7 (2,152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plantphobia moodlet after plants are removed and boss defeated

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict I have only played very little after this, but it seemed that the problem disappeared after that one sim day

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (2,067 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Don't they have a timer or something ? How long have you played after removing ?

I did still have plants on mine (think that is by design) but the moodlets went away fine

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes the moodlets have timers, they always did. But still sims get the moodlet even after the plants have been removed.

Examples:

1. Parent removed plants from kitchen sink. Kid woke up, got food and then went to look at the empty sink, looked shocked and got the moodlet even when there was no plants anymore in the sink.

2. Sim removed plants from toilet. Other sim went there some time after, used the toilet and then got the plantphobia moodlet from the empty toilet

Message 3 of 7 (2,118 Views)

Hero

Have you tried if moving out and back in fixes the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,114 Views)

Hero

Hi @Sozki 

are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (2,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict I have only played very little after this, but it seemed that the problem disappeared after that one sim day

Message 6 of 7 (2,068 Views)

Hero
That's good to hear.

Keeping this here for a while longer so feel free to come back if the issue comes back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,059 Views)