Re: Strange 'patterned' skin glitch?

by crinrict

Original Post

Strange 'patterned' skin glitch?

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! I don't ever use these forums so please forgive any mistakes...

I've been having this strange issue with my sims recently and I just can't seem to fix it. I've attached images (one of them with some handy annotations lol) of the issue so you can see what it looks like. Basically, a 'pattern' is showing up on my sims, as well as some weird patches of green on their faces. I've tried to do some troubleshooting and this is what I've put together so far:

• This issue only occurs on sims with dark skin tones (pretty much any non-white tones).
  • It only affects the sims once they're in-game - the issue isn't present in CAS mode.
  • The issue is still present when I remove all custom content and mods from my game (the images attached are with no cc/mods).
  • I tried resetting to factory settings (I followed the troubleshooting tutorial on these forums), and the issue was gone until I moved my saves folder back in.
  • The issue doesn't affect sims I made a long time ago - I would say it's only sims that I made within the last 3 months that are affected, as well as any new sims I make now. 

It feels like I've tried everything at this point, and I really have no clue what else to try. I haven't seen the issue anywhere else, though that may be just because it's tricky to describe in a title ("weird pattern that only affects dark skin tones and only recently made sims???").

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. If I was simply playing the game casually, I think I could live with the issue, but I like to take lots of screenshots so this is kinda a big deal for me. Thanks! 

tumblr_pmrt46J1od1xhrzc8o1_1280.png

tumblr_pmrt46J1od1xhrzc8o3_1280.png

Message 1 of 18 (3,468 Views)

Hero

Hi @annaki_laila 

is the affected Sim in the gallery ? If so, I can take a look if I can replicate this.

What's the name of the Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (3,455 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've just uploaded it now as 'Sim Skin Glitch'. I think it has the cc tag but there's not any cc on the actual sim. Thanks!

Message 3 of 18 (3,441 Views)

Hero

Hi @annaki_laila 

I checked your Sim in my game and I can't see anything unusual

skin.jpg

It did say cc was removed though so maybe that has something to do with it.

Can you try renaming your user folder to let the game create a new one and then download her into a fresh save to see if the issue persists ?

This is just for testing, you can put your stuff back afterwards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (3,439 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just checking, did you look at the sim in-game as well? The issue doesn't occur in CAS for me, and your screenshot was in CAS. 

Also, I reuploaded the sim without any mods/cc installed in my game so this time it definitely doesn't has the cc tag. 

Message 5 of 18 (3,414 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I renamed the user folder and downloaded the new version (definitely cc free this time) into that fresh game. The issue still occurs:

02-19-19_1-35-57 PM.png

Message 6 of 18 (3,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thought that was CAS. No, didn't check the game.

Let me do that.

EDIT

She's a bit cold but other than that, she's looking fine to me (need to wait for better lighting though)

02-19-19_4-38-24 PM.png

What kind of graphics card & monitor do you have ? What's your resolution atm (monitor & game)

Does it happen no matter what she's wearing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (3,410 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry for butting in, just tested this. The only way I could find this was with the settings on the low/medium preset. With Uncompressed Sim Textures, Post Processing Effect and Laptop Mode Off. I'm wondering what settings your game is on in addition to the questions Crin is asking.

My screen is on -you must really hate your eyes- mode and my blue light filter is turned off, the green spot is VERY visible over here, not so much on my screenshot. The pattern is visible though, just a little worse than we see in your screenshots.

Click to enlarge:

02-20-19_2-36-21 AM.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 18 (3,388 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, it happens no matter what she's wearing.

Graphics card is AMD Radeon 530

Monitor resolution is 1920x1080

Resolution for TS4 1600x900

My usual settings in TS4 are ultra, with uncompressed sim textures off, laptop mode off, and post processing effects on. 

Message 9 of 18 (3,373 Views)

Hero
Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (3,367 Views)