Re: Strange White Bar in upper left corner but not the cheat console

by DragothX1X

Original Post

Strange White Bar in upper left corner but not the cheat console

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, City Living, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour and Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply open the game
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a small white slither of a bar that is not the cheat console that appears at the top left of the screen and it doesn't go away.
What do you expect to see? I expect to not see that White Bar stuck up there on my screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The problem does not appear in screenshot or in any other game I play its like its some sort of overlay and no I don't have any overlays running on my PC.

Message 1 of 7 (973 Views)

Hero
@Dragot Are you running Origin in game ? Could you try take a picture with a camera ? Have you tried turning off all unnecessary background programs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (948 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hey thanks for the response but I figured it out it was the Origin fps overlay that was on but it was just being displayed as a white solid bar I guess its on by default.
Message 3 of 7 (922 Views)

Hero
@DragothX1X Probably a design. If you want FPS on your screen, you can turn the game ones on by using the cheat FPS on

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (909 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@DragothX1X  You can change the colour of the fps background for the Origin ones, in its settings.

Message 5 of 7 (897 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DragothX1X how do you get rid of it?
Message 6 of 7 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Gordan_Ramseyp open the Origin app then click on Origin and then application settings on the drop down then on the top click on Origin In-Game and under During Gameplay you can select from the drop down if you want it displayed or not. Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 7 (687 Views)