Strange Audio after Nov 17 2020 Host Fix

by stephaniem723

Original Post

Strange Audio after Nov 17 2020 Host Fix

★★★ Novice

Since the hot fix was done my audio sounds like an alien trying to talk to me through The Sims. I do use CC and mods but always remove the mods folder before doing updates and stuff. I updated the game, went to play the game and from the first moment the game is suppose to make noise it sounds super strange, almost like when an old tape would stratch after you played it too many times. I did put the mods folder back in once I made sure to update all mods. Still did it. Took the mods folder back out and tried repairing the game. Still did it. Put the mods folder back in once I tripled check my mods where up to date. Still getting weird noises. I never had messed with the audio settings when everyone was having the original problem, because I wasnt. But now I am afraid to play my game because I dont want to mess my files up. So I cant even tell you if my game crashes now because the audio is super annoying I cant stand listening to it and also dont want my games to be ruined. Please help because I would love to play my game especially since the new pack just came out. Oh also I am on a PC 

Message 1 of 2 (145 Views)

Re: Strange Audio after Nov 17 2020 Host Fix

@stephaniem723  Please try removing options.ini, in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.  It contains all your in-game options, so you'll need to redo your settings.  If this doesn't help though, you can just put the old copy back.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (134 Views)