Re: Story progression

by escapedpolarbear

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Story progression

★★★★★ Apprentice

I made a Sims 3 world where I enabled story progression. I went on to another world a bit later and forgot to disable it - I don't want story progression to work on that world. Is there any way to reverse it? I only played for 2 Sim days with it enabled, and so far all I believe happened was Zelda Mae became a vampire and Claire Ursine and Jared Frio got together.

Message 1 of 5 (683 Views)

Accepted Solution

@escapedpolarbear  You could split your family, or rather send at least one sim elsewhere, then merge in one of the others at a time; or you could switch households back and forth.  I know neither one is ideal.  In your situation I'd use mods, or maybe let the changes stand.  (Definitely don't change Zelda Mae back to human in CAS—it might break her and/or corrupt your save.)  Without mods though, the only ways I can think of reverting the changes are what I listed before.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (620 Views)

All Replies

@escapedpolarbear  Do you mean EA's story progression (as opposed to one from a mod)?  Yes, you can just turn it off again; it won't hurt your game.  The changes made already will stay, unless you choose to undo them yourself, but SP won't be able to push any more.

If you do want to reverse the changes, without mods, you might need to play the sims yourself.  Zelda Mae can purchase a vampire cure from the science facility; or, if you have Supernatural, one of your sims can learn or purchse the Potent Cure elixir and throw it at her.  The only non-mod way to break up Claire and Jared would be to have one of your sims work up to the "irresistable" conversation tone with one of them and then ask them to break up with the other.

Message 2 of 5 (657 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you! How do I play as the sims? My active family is full with 8 sims now.
Message 3 of 5 (629 Views)

@escapedpolarbear  You could split your family, or rather send at least one sim elsewhere, then merge in one of the others at a time; or you could switch households back and forth.  I know neither one is ideal.  In your situation I'd use mods, or maybe let the changes stand.  (Definitely don't change Zelda Mae back to human in CAS—it might break her and/or corrupt your save.)  Without mods though, the only ways I can think of reverting the changes are what I listed before.

Message 4 of 5 (621 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you! (Sorry for late reply, only just seen this)
Message 5 of 5 (558 Views)