Story for a story-mode Sim does not save to my gallery

by Maedryn

Original Post

Story for a story-mode Sim does not save to my gallery

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Parenthood, Dine-Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, and Laundry Day, Toddler, Movie Hangout, and Spooky Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Create a Sim using story mode. 2) Save the Sim/family. 3) Place the Sim/family from the gallery instead of directly after making them.
What happens when the bug occurs? The funds have changed AND the skills and career levels were completely wiped from the Sim/family file.
What do you expect to see? According to other posts in this forum, it's normal for the funds to change when saving a Sim/family file. However, also according to other posts here, the career and skill levels should remain in the family file, and they do not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't understand why the skills and career aren't saving with the files, as other answers in this forum have said they are expected to do. Unless they were incorrect, and story mode only works if you immediately place the family instead of saving it first.

Just as a side note, if this is how it's supposed to work, it should be changed. There are ways to cheat to get money, skills, and career promotions, so trying to prevent things from being "too easy" by being able to save story mode benefits and/or family funds is just silly.

Message 1 of 4 (443 Views)

Re: Story for a story-mode Sim does not save to my gallery

Hero
@Maedryn Did you try if they save when you place them in the game first ? It could be that that is a necessary step

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (421 Views)

Hero
@Maedryn Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (371 Views)

Hero
@Maedryn Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (343 Views)