Store purchase history fail

by jenet0301

Original Post

Store purchase history fail

★ Novice

I purchased the Regency arcade on 6/17/2020, when i go to my purchase history and try to download it, it says i don't own the item and i have to purchase it again. I got it on the daily deal for 867 points and the original price is 1600 points. I contacted origin and tried to get help and they said my purchase failed and it's showing up in my billing info. It didn't fail because it took my points and its in my purchase history. I restarted my pc twice and it still shows up in my purchase history to prove i purchased it. It never said it failed in my billing history the guy lied about that just to not help me.Then he tried to argue with me about my purchase and told me to purchase it at regular price of 1600 points and that'll solve my issue. Why would i repurchase it for more when it already took 867 points from me? That makes no sense. Then he said if i contact anyone else he's going to put in my file that it never charged me the sim points it clearly charged me. I had 869 points in my account already. After i purchased the Regency arcade on the daily deal for 867 i had 2 points left. I purchased 5000 points after i purchased the Regency arcade and had 5002 points to purchase more stuff later. I spent $40.00 on those points. So if the Regency arcade failed to go through i would've had 5869 points instead of the 5002 points i had after my purchase. And if the arcade failed it wouldn't be in my purchase history it would've said failed and i would've repurchased it. These people dont help at all. They just expect you to keep spending and wasting money on stuff I could've just downloaded for free and saved myself the trouble of dealing with incompetent jerks who cant solve an issue. 

Message 1 of 6 (545 Views)

Re: Store purchase history fail

★ Novice

Sorry i just realized my first photo is blurry so here's a better photo

Message 2 of 6 (544 Views)

@jenet0301  All your photos are a bit blurry.  In the future, you can take a screenshot by hitting Windows key-shift-S and dragging your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.  Then if you get a notification in the lower right corner of your screen, you can click on it to open and save the image.  Otherwise, open Paint and crtl-V to paste the image.

For the store issue itself, did you buy the arcade on a different account than the one that owns the base game?  If you try to download store content into a game installed from a different account (even if they're both your accounts), the download can be blocked.  I'm actually not sure what message you'd get, but I do know that store content is encrypted to prevent it from being shared.

Please take a screenshot of your purchase history with the Regency Arcade showing, and another of the error, both in the way I described so they're clear enough to make out all the details.  I will ask if there's something else you should be saying to support, or a different approach that might work better.

And no, you should definitely not have to buy the content again, whether at the regular or sale price.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (501 Views)

★ Novice

My purchase is all on one account, I don't have any other accounts and i tried to take a screenshot on my pc but it kept saying the file was too big so I had to switch to my phone to take the pic. Unfortunately it had to be a blurry photo to be accepted because it still kept saying the file was too big when it wasn't blurry. It was getting irritating so I gave what I could. I'll try on my tablet but I'm sure it'll be the same issue. 

Message 4 of 6 (487 Views)

★ Novice

Here's a better photo of my purchase history.  The last photos were my purchase history as well but maybe this shows a little better I hope lol

Message 5 of 6 (474 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @jenet0301,

I've taken a look into this as much as I can from the forums and what the advisor shared sounds correct. However, I will not be able to verify this myself as I don't have the same level of visibility from the forum.

To have this looked into or to get a second opinion, please open a case with our support team.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (387 Views)