Store items unistalled again!

by roberta591

Original Post

Re: Store items unistalled again!

@Lewlle  I honestly don't know what to tell you.  The only good workaround is to go back to using Origin, as mentioned in the thread I linked earlier.  However, not everyone can still run Origin.  I thought this issue might be fixed by now, but apparently not.

And to answer your question, the rate at which content needs to be reinstalled does seem to vary from one player to another and depending on which method is used to launch the game, i.e. the button on the Sims 3 product page or the one under Installed Games.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 17 (458 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Lewlle Day 2 of working on this issue. The ONLY way I can get this game to run properly is to uninstall  the game. Clean the user data and install Origin. Install the game. After 2 installs (my old gaming computer and my new gaming computer) the store items now stay installed. Hmmm while typing this Origin just crashed and needed to be restarted.  I had to install store items one at a time. Origin looks a lot different from when it did 2 months ago when I switched from Origin to the EA app. Haven't had a chance to really test it as we have been getting wave after wave of snow with a promise of more snow.

Side note: When I was installing the 2nd machine I was in thesims3.com my studio adding a sim to the game. I ended up with multiple entries of the same sim in the downloads tab in the game launcher. This caused the little brown boxes to come back. Deleting the multiple entries and the store items returned as installed.

side note 2: This cause Sims 4to do a patch and repair but after that it seems to run ok.

Message 12 of 17 (442 Views)

★★★ Novice

As of today all seems to work smoothly, but the game hasn’t crashed yet and I haven’t restarted my computer but if I do quit the game everything stays normal. Some content don’t want to install but that’s the least of my concerns right now 😊

Message 13 of 17 (429 Views)

★★★ Novice

My game froze today, had to force restart my computer and most of the installed downloads had been uninstalled yet again.. I guess I have to start all over again.. 

Message 14 of 17 (411 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Lewlle I just finished installing TS3 with the EA app. Any corruption brings the little brown boxes. I was in the thesims3.com  my page - studio trying the download a sim to a new install. I hit the install to game a few times and got no positive response. When I went into the game there was 4 downloads and little brown boxes. I deleted all the entries from thesims3.com - restarted the game and all items came back. I tried again and made sure I only hjit the download to game once. The sim downloaded to the downloads tab and had to be manually installed. I got various error messages when installing the items. In the downloads tab just delete the trouble items and they should show up as install again after a game restart. My old gaming computer and my new gaming computer are on Origin. The third computer is on the EA app. All 3 computers seem to work now but haven't really had time to test them. I just took the user data out of the one with the EA app. I tried a few thing first  but no luck until I took the user data out. had errors downloading but a game restart fixed those errors.I probably won't get back to this for a few days. At least the snow is supposed to let up but the temperature is like 0 degrees F and stay below freezing till Sunday. I love it 4:30 in the morning and the plows haven't been around yet and pitch black country roads - it's not a job - it's an adventure.

Message 15 of 17 (390 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried installing origin and uninstalling EA but I just get the message that sims 3 needs origin to play which made me realize that at least for me, origin does nothing even if I start the launcher from there. I did move out my sims 3 folder and downloaded and installed all my store items yesterday but I didn’t have time to try it out since it’s a hassle. All I know is that if I quit the game, everything stays normal. But if the game freezes to the point that I have to force restart my computer (which never happened before. I usually just have to control alt delete) most of the stuff gets uninstalled and I can’t reinstall it even if I delete it from the launcher and the downloads map. I have to start all over again and it’s a real pain..

Message 16 of 17 (381 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Lewlle I tried removing the user data and redownloaded the store items. I was able to quit the game and the EA app and restart the game and my store items were still installed. A day later I started the game and all the store items were uninstalled again. Strange thing is all store items were little brown boxes but a sim I added to the game from thesims3.com -  my studio was still ok - I thought that was interesting. Next I installed Origin and I had left the game alone. I started the game from Origin and all the store items were there and status was installed. Nothing I have done makes the EA app work for TS3 store items. I'm going to get some game time in and see what happens.

Message 17 of 17 (332 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help