Re: Store items not being delivered

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Store items not being delivered

★★★ Newbie

Items purchased in game and in store (with sim points) not being delivered. 

Background... I purchased  sim points, but did not receive them. My account reflected that I had purchased them, but they were not showing up in game or store. In short, I had a receipt, but no points. When EA "resolved the issue, it ended with my Sims game specific ID being changed from Truebeauty76 to my daughters sim game specific ID of nikitaalexis. I did not request this and never told them her game specific ID, or any info about her whatsoever. It just appeared when the points were finally delivered.

Now it seems I have a similar issue, I have points and can spend them, but no merchandise is delivered, only points deducted. 

Below you will find a pasted copy of the 2nd conversation with EA regarding the issue (points now received, ID changed by EA and no purchased merchandise delivered.

Satya (12/5/2019, 8:28:41 PM): Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Satya, may I start with your first name please?
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:31:41 PM): Hi there, nice to meet you. Hope you're having a great day! I haven't heard you in a while, please let me know, if we're still connected.
(12/5/2019, 8:32:00 PM): I received my points, but for some reason my Sims user ID was changed to nikitaalexis. I was able to spend my points (violin and a clothing packet that was on sale). My points were deducted, but I never received the items. I have logged out and back in and nothing. I checked in downloads, and nothing. I checked in build/buy, not there either. I then checked uploads and expansions and stuff, not there either.
(12/5/2019, 8:32:17 PM): My name is Loralee
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:34:03 PM): Hello Loralee, nice to meet you. Hope you're having a great day, despite of the issue you have been experiencing. I can understand that is really unpleasant to have not received the items purchased from the sim store, however please allow me moment to check, if there is an option given to us to find out the items you have bought.
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:34:09 PM): May I have your permission to ask you few related questions, to locate the correct account and check the details?
(12/5/2019, 8:34:29 PM): yes
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:35:15 PM): If you please let me know the email address associated with your EA account?
(12/5/2019, 8:36:11 PM): [edit: email address removed]
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:36:18 PM): Just to confirm, would you be able to get the access to this registered email address?
(12/5/2019, 8:36:24 PM): yes
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:36:50 PM): Okay, here's a quick review of our steps which are to be taken next, I'll be required to verify the account and then would try to find out the items which have been already purchased by you.
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:36:56 PM): So, if you please log in to your registered email address and let me know the 6 digit code sent now.
(12/5/2019, 8:37:16 PM): 120057
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:38:18 PM): Thank you, the account has been verified, if you please allow me two more minutes to check the account details.
(12/5/2019, 8:38:23 PM): ok
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:38:59 PM): May I know, the name of the items which you have already purchased?
(12/5/2019, 8:39:41 PM): I can't remember. One was a violin, the other was a clothing set that was on sale.
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:44:31 PM): Thank you for your patience.
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:44:45 PM): I was consulting my team for the same.
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:45:49 PM): And I can confirm that 2040 points were credited to your account, out of which 869 points were used to purchase LuxResortAttire Set and 823 points for Violin Classic.
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:46:08 PM): And there are 848 points remaining in your account as of now.
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:47:10 PM): Now, if you do not see these items or points in your account, then this is the issue of synchronization for which it might take some more time to reflect in your account, so I'd request you to please wait for some more hours and then again check back.
(12/5/2019, 8:48:30 PM): those items sound correct. the remaing points are correct, but I have never received the item
Satya (12/5/2019, 8:50:21 PM): On our end, it shows that the items are already there in your account, so I was able to inform you those details, however as I said before, this is could a minor issue of synchronization for which the items and the points are not being visible at your end, but do not worry, I'd request you to please uninstall and reinstall the game again and wait for some more hours to see the items available in your account.
(12/5/2019, 8:58:34 PM): I have waited over 9 hours already! This computer is less than 2 days old, I doubt that is the issue. I have downloaded several items from the exchange and they are available within moments, usually immediately. My points have been deducted already. Uninstall the game, Really! Do you know how many hours it takes to unistal and reinstall the base game and all of theses packs! Yesterday I tried (Sims crashed) and had to set computer back to factory settings, lost everything and had to spend all day reinstalling everything. I am realy not looking forward to another 11 hours of work, because this game! I contacted EA for help earlier, and they changed my user ID and refused to change it back. Now you tike my money, but don't give me my items, rename me and tell me over 9 hours is not enough time to have my content delivered (which I had no issue with on the exchange) and expect me to put in 11 more hours of work . Why is this so difficult to resolve?
Satya (12/5/2019, 9:01:34 PM): Alright, if you have already tried this all steps, then this is a bug in the game it self, because on our end it shows that the items are there in the account along with the remaining sim points, otherwise it would have been possible for me to inform you with the exact number.
Satya (12/5/2019, 9:02:30 PM): However, as this could be a bug in the game, unfortunately we're not given with ability to control the game servers to fix this issue instantly, so I want to request you, if you please post this issue on the forums page of the game.
(12/5/2019, 9:04:17 PM): I have never posted to the forum and do not know how to do that. When will this be resolved?
Satya (12/5/2019, 9:05:23 PM): Well that would depend on the community experts of the Forums page, however I'm even taking a feedback for the inexperience which you have come across and would be sharing with our concerned team.
Satya (12/5/2019, 9:05:58 PM): https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/ct-p/the-sims-3-en
Satya (12/5/2019, 9:06:11 PM): This link is of the forums of sims 3.
(12/5/2019, 9:06:53 PM): I will try. How long until this is resolved?
(12/5/2019, 9:08:39 PM): Cant you just take my remaing points and refund the money since I never received the items anyway. I would really rather not deal with the hassel this game has been causing me.
Satya (12/5/2019, 9:09:18 PM): I wish to provide you a time frame on this, because this forums team are a different group, so we rarely have the information about the time taken by them to solve the issue which would be raised by you, but I've taken a detail note for the inexperience you have received and would be sharing with our concerned after this conversation ends.
(12/5/2019, 9:10:00 PM): Great. I will try the forumFrown

Message 1 of 2 (300 Views)

Re: Store items not being delivered

@kenyon76  On the account where the points have been spent, what does your purchase history say?  Once you login to the store, you can click Store > My Store Account > Purchase History, and you should see a list of everything you've bought.  (Sometimes I have to refresh the page a couple of times to get it to load properly.)  If you don't see anything, clear your browser cache, use a private window, or try a different browser.

If the items still don't show, please take a look at the product pages for Luxury Resort Attire and the Fit as a Fiddle Violin, and let me know whether the button on the right says Download or Buy Now.  If you have a blue Download button, click it, install via the launcher the way you would for Exchange items, and check in-game to see whether the items now show up.

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:38516&categoryId=11488&scatego...

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:65647&categoryId=13062&scategoryId=...

If you don't have the option to download, please take a screenshot for each page with the Buy Now button and your username showing—this will make it clear that the items haven't properly shown up on your end, whatever support is seeing on EA's end.

By the way, none of this has anything to do with the way the game itself is installed.  If you happened to login to the wrong account, or if you installed the game from one account and bought the points on the other, you could run into problems.  But the store items you've bought should show up in a browser even if you don't have TS3 installed on your computer, so if your purchase history is empty, an uninstall and reinstall won't fix that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (283 Views)