Store content says it's downloaded, but doesn't actually show in game

by acupofteaandmore

Original Post

Store content says it's downloaded, but doesn't actually show in game

★ Novice

Having issues, and I'm completely new to downloading store content, so please bear with me as far as dumb questions go Frown

So my boyfriend downloaded Sims 3 from Steam for my birthday awhile ago. I just had to recreate my account on my laptop, therefore deleting all of the game files I had previously saved on my old desktop account (didn't log in and save before, I just freely used the game and saved and didn't think about it when recreating this account on my laptop) and in doing so I made a new game and decided to purchase some store content while at it because ya'know, why not? 

Anyway, I bought a hairstyle, two wedding dresses, the wedding cellar arch and the "woodsy wedding arch". It said it downloaded to my launcher. Cool.

I go into my launcher and download. It says it's ready to go and it's available in "build mode" (cellar arch) and the rest in either "create a sim" or "buy mode". 

But when I go in game, NONE of the stuff appears. And when I exit the game it acts as if I never downloaded it in the first place, asking me to download again. Annnnd then it repeats what it did.

I'm frustrated because I bought these items and I want to use it and the game isn't giving me clear instructions on what to do with this predicament... Please help? Frown

Message 1 of 8 (604 Views)

Re: Store content says it's downloaded, but doesn't actually show in game

Hero (Retired)

@acupofteaandmore What is your computer operating system version (example Windows XP)? What is the version of your game (launcher lower left)? Try one item - does the launcher open - does the item show up in downloads - when you check the box do you click install? Does the items show in downloads but greyed out?

Message 2 of 8 (569 Views)

★ Novice

I have Windows 10 on a hp Pavilion and my game version is 1.67.2.024037

I just tried to download Wedding cake dress, the launcher opened and said "Success! Done!"

It didn't grey out, and I do click install when I check the box.

Message 3 of 8 (552 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@acupofteaandmore With Windows 10  your game should have updated to version 1.69. I see the problem - you need to install Origin and get the games and packs in Origin. windows 10 does not support the old DRM (SecuROM and SafeDisc). After you update to version 1.69 there will be no install limit and you won't need a disc to play. This is not a game problem but rather an operating system issue.

Message 4 of 8 (541 Views)

★ Novice

I'm not able to download Origin and install from there... I bought the Sims 3 off of Steam and wasting more money to then buy it off of Origin as well wouldn't be worth it. Is there anything else I can do to update my system? Or another solution? Buying the same game from another site is just more than I'd like to invest in this game... Frown

Message 5 of 8 (525 Views)

Hero

You can just register your steam code on Origin. No need to buy it again.

I would check the Steam forum though what the current status with Store content and steam base game is. Unsure about that myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (503 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi my issue is very similar, I bought every expansion and game through steam but have been playing through origin last few months but as usual origin has mucked up again after update and I dont seem to be able to fix it or cant be bothered anymore. I have reinstalled my steam account version and can now play every game again but store items are an issue, I have a few that downloaded a couple of months ago and somehow 1 building i made a week ago but none of the others and considering I make 1 a day I have no idea how it got there so there must be a way of downloading store items without using Origin as I find Origin is totaly user unfriendly and fed up having to fix their problems so if anyone has a solution for steam without origin I'd be grateful

Message 7 of 8 (462 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@cableguy33333  The EA game and the Steam game installs differently. I use Steam for some games but I use Origin for EA games and I don't have any issues. Please refer this issue to Steam support.

Message 8 of 8 (451 Views)