Store Issues with Make Me An Offer and gifting.

by rachiesauce

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Store Issues with Make Me An Offer and gifting.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The Make Me An Offer function shows either a blank page or the standard site down photo every time I try to use it. It's never the site that is down though, just that function.

I can send and receive gifts from the store without problems with some users and with others the page times out without actually buying the gift. I or my friend will get the message that we have been sent a gift, but be prompted to pay for the item when we go to download it.

*edit-forgot to mention these errors occur regardless of the browser I use

*Second edit- Have tested for a cache problems with no success other than to rule out cache problems as the issue at hand.15/2017

*Third edit- 5/15/2017 Spoke to Blake C on the phone about a week or more ago and he sent me a link to download the version of Firefox he uses. I tried this updated version of Firefox, and while it is indeed a good version of Firefox, and some things go a bit faster now, my store troubles remain unaffected.

Please oh website guru, fix these things. I will not air my frustrations here, but they are deep, and go back to the early days of the sims, when children were locked forever in childhood.

Message 1 of 12 (1,274 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Store Issues with Make Me An Offer and gifting.

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @angelette1,

In that case, could you send me the Private Message with this information?:

• Your username at thesims3.com (in case you are using a different account to send me the PM).
  • The username of the simmer that sent you the gift
  • The item you got as a gift and it's asking you to purchase

Thank you!

Mai

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (1,039 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been the recipient of several gifts lately that when I tried to dl them, it wanted me to purchase them, but my friends say they already bought them for me!! Some of my store items I own have been mysteriously disappearing from my game too, & I end up reinstalling them!! Pleas don't abandon us EA!! There's still a lot of us that play sims 3, some noobs too!! Please fix our store!! I own almost half now, but I'm not done yet!!!!!

Message 2 of 12 (1,237 Views)

★ Guide

I have had the same issues - They seem to have started for me just within the last few weeks. I get a message that tells me I was gifted a store item from a friend, but when I try and download it the game wants me to purchase it. Which should not be happening since my friend already paid for it. Also having problems sending some items as gifts from the store. When I go to a friends wishlist and try to gift an item it just times out. That never used to happen either. So I am wondering if there has been a recent patch, or work on the site to make this new glitch happen??

Message 3 of 12 (1,162 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai Hello! A friend of mine saw another thread where you were graciously helping people with similar problems. Can you please come help us too? What information do you need? My account there is the same as here. Thanks for your time! <3

Message 4 of 12 (1,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @rachiesauce @Catlee2 @angelette1,

This gifting issue sounds really strange. I have tried to gift something to a friend and everything worked as it should. Could you please send me a Private Message with the following information so I can try to look into this?:

• Your username at thesims3.com (in case you are using a different account to send me the PM).
  • The username of the simmer you are trying to gift to
  • The item you are trying to gift

Also, are you getting the message asking you to pay for the item in the Store or the launcher?

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 5 of 12 (1,027 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sims 3 name is Angelette1. This problem has happened to me when someone has gifted me. I recieve notice of recieving a gift, but when I try to dl it, it says I have to pay for it. I've let my friend know but they always say they already paid for it!!

Message 6 of 12 (1,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @angelette1,

In that case, could you send me the Private Message with this information?:

• The username of the simmer that sent you the gift
  • The item you got as a gift and it's asking you to purchase

Thank you!

Mai

Message 7 of 12 (1,040 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_MaiYou wonderful person you! It's working again! All of it! Thank you so much for everything you did and thank anyone else that helped that I don't know about! <3

Message 8 of 12 (965 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @rachiesauce,

I'm glad to read everything is working again, thanks for letting us know! Party hat

Enjoy the gift sharing! Wink

-Mai

Message 9 of 12 (949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi @EA_Mai,

I gave you the wrong set name - it was from frontier finds. The Attached screen shot is the error message from trying to gift from the wishlist. It did let me just now gift it from the store item page (at least it said it gifted - I will have to wait to hear if it really went through ok)

thanks again for looking into this and helping us Standard smile

This might be easier to see (I cropped it down: 

photo 73b179e8-8055-48c2-a5ed-28978dbad5de_zpsdcof4lud.png

Add on info  to my post;

I just received a gift from a different friend yesterday and it shows up properly (has the option to download - instead of saying I have to purchase it) So this seams really random (maybe problems with particular items and/or friends and items

Message 10 of 12 (908 Views)