Store Content Issue - Saying I don't own the content I'm trying to download

by inteligreen

Original Post

Store Content Issue - Saying I don't own the content I'm trying to download

★★ Novice

Hello everyone! 

After trying to troubleshoot with tech support, I was told they weren't able to help me with this issue since it was an "in-game purchase," so I'm hoping one of you have had the same issue and can help me out!

After getting a new computer, I decided to transfer all of the expansion packs on one EA account to my other EA account that has my original sims 3 game and my purchased store content in its billing history (purchased on www.thesims3.com) - I don't know why, but I had two EA accounts with some expansions on one of them.

Anyway, after transferring the packs and downloading everything from Origin, the game would not load. Luckily, tech support was able to reformat the game / do something behind the scenes that made it launch with no issues whatsoever. However, now when I go to the Sims 3 website to download store content (lots, clothing, furniture packs, worlds), it tells me: "I'm sorry but you do not own the content you are trying to download." Has anyone else had this issue and had it resolved?

Thank you all so much for your help and time with this. I really appreciate any help provided.

Best,

CA

Message 1 of 4 (630 Views)

Re: Store Content Issue - Saying I don't own the content I'm trying to download

@inteligreen  Unfortunately, you're probably out of luck.  Store content dooesn't transfer from one account to another like other content.  It counts as DLC and isn't part of what EA says can be preserved in a merge.  And since most store stuff doesn't come with its own codes or anything like that that could be manually transferred by a support rep, there really isn't anything you or support can do about it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (611 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply. It sucks - I even asked the technician who transferred my packs over if it would remove store content on the account they are moving stuff to. They said no... wishing I could've predicted this

Message 3 of 4 (598 Views)

@inteligreen  The store content attached to the account that stays intact should also have stayed intact; it's the store stuff in the other account that normally disappears.  Are the items currently missing originally from the account you kept when the other was merged?  Did any of the details from the account you kept (username, name on the store site, email address) change with the merging?  That's the only reason I can think of that your content would have disappered.

And of course, clear your browser cache, or use a different browser, just to make sure that's not the issue.  Firefox and Internet Explorer are the best bets with the store site.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (587 Views)