by DolphinSSA

Original Post

Stereo Gets Broken Even When Turned Off

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, GP, and SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1- Turn stereo on. 2- Turn stereo off. 3- Wait for many sim hours (may take as long as two sim days) 4- The stereo will start smoking, indicating it is broken. Even if it is still turned off.
What happens when the bug occurs? Apparently the game doesn't recognize the stereo was turned off, although the stero music animation and sound had disappeared. Many sim hours later the stereo will begin to smoke, even when it is still turned off. All stereos in the game will be broken in a couple of sim days if they were turned on once.
What do you expect to see? A stereo turned off should not start smoking.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, GP, and SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1- Turn stereo on. 2- Turn stereo off. 3- Wait for many sim hours (may take as long as two sim days) 4- The stereo will start smoking, indicating it is broken. Even if it is still turned off.
What happens when the bug occurs? Apparently the game doesn't recognize the stereo was turned off, although the stero music animation and sound had disappeared. Many sim hours later the stereo will begin to smoke, even when it is still turned off. All stereos in the game will be broken in a couple of sim days if they were turned on once.
What do you expect to see? A stereo turned off should not start smoking.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 5 (331 Views)

Re: Stereo Gets Broken Even When Turned Off

★★★ Novice

do you have the stereo outside? if it is raining it will break.

Message 2 of 5 (304 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

No. It happens indoors.

Message 3 of 5 (295 Views)

Hero
Did you test this on a modless game ? I need all issues tested with no mods/cc installed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (282 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting

@DolphinSSA 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (240 Views)