by DDRacing29

Original Post

Re: Steam Product Code For Origin

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict yes
Message 41 of 66 (2,892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same issue and found this and could not find a solution so I tried a couple of things and found it. Super simple I had steam on offline mode when it needs to be online. I hope it's the same for whoever else has this problem. 

Message 42 of 66 (2,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's end June 2021 and I'm having this problem.

I tried all the suggestions in the thread, my steam is connected to my origin account.

When I close origin and try to open through steam, the Origin client says that it's disabled because the client was launched by another application.

When I have logged in and press Play on steam, it says Activation required for Unidentified Game, etc, and then when I press Active, it asks for a product code, which I cannot find on my Steam reciept.

I tried just cancelling away tje 'Activation required' window as per the suggestion of someone in this thread, did not work.

I tried making myself online on steam, did not work as well.

I tried restarting steam and origin and trying all the suggested solutions again from scratch, did not work.

I cannot for the life of my figure out why nothing is working. I'm this close to asking for a refund. Does anyone else have any working methods on how to fix this bug????

Message 43 of 66 (2,627 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ranicet  Try first opening both Origin and Steam as an admin: right-click on each shortcut and select "Run as administrator."

And just to clarify, you're not supposed to be able to find a product code for Sims 4 in Steam, and you're not supposed to need one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 44 of 66 (2,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KiralyDinnye Literally thank you so much this actually worked!!
Message 45 of 66 (2,444 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok yeah that worked for me. Thank you so much

Message 46 of 66 (2,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ranicet I just had the same problem. First I uninstalled Sims and reinstalled it. I launched Sims again and logged in Origin and made sure the account was connected with steam. Then when it asked me for a product key I simply closed out of the game and relaunched it. This worked for me!
Message 47 of 66 (2,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KiralyDinnye Yeah, but how do I do that tho? Since I've bought my game via steam i can't access it in my origin launcher unless i redeem it, which is my problem in the first place.
Message 48 of 66 (1,911 Views)

★★ Novice

Same. Steam won't refund me. Steam won't do anything, and EA help won't simply send you your product code for Origin.  EA just keeps emailing back forum answers, largely useless.  I wish I never bought my game on Steam.  I don't know why this is so difficult.  

Message 49 of 66 (1,857 Views)

@Sochemsistah  You should be able to link your Steam and Origin accounts and then launch Sims 4 through Steam.  If this isn't working, please let me know what happens when you try.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 50 of 66 (1,850 Views)