Re: Steam Product Code For Origin

by DDRacing29

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

yes its the same email and it's download to the same hard drive (Which is my gaming hard drive) (game and origin and steam) 

Message 11 of 66 (11,738 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

this is the debug text that i keep getting in the Origin file 

[0702/100923:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
[0702/100923:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

Message 12 of 66 (11,732 Views)

Hero
@DDRacing29 OK. maybe It's some rights issue.

Could you try starting both Origin and Steam as admin before the starting/installing the game ?

Also try opening the the ports: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 66 (11,700 Views)

★ Apprentice
@DDRacing29 In your Steam Library, click on the game in the list of games, then, click on the cogwheel icon on the right, followed by Manage and then on CD Keys. Do you see the game code? If yes, than you can redeem that on Origin.
Message 14 of 66 (11,694 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yes i have tried that already @crinrict. I tried signing out, closing everything on steam and origin, ending the task in task manager, launch steam in admin mode and it still didnt matter. i kept getting the same issues i was having when origin asking for a code. Did nothing different. 

Message 15 of 66 (11,656 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

there no CD Key. I wish it was just easy. 

Message 16 of 66 (11,654 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i just sent Steam a refund request. I can't get this to work and this shouldn't be all this hard for the game to work and  I'm tried of Origin vs. Steam fight and ill just get a refund and when Sims gets released on sale on Humble Bundle or Origin ill rebuy it and just deal with it then. I'm not spending $40 on it on origin when steam as it for $20 but sadly for whatever reason mine not working when using steam and Steam just can't give me a code and be done with it.  

Thank you to all for the help and sadly this issue isn't and I don't think it will ever be. But thank you to the ones that help and tried. I deeply appreciate it.

Message 17 of 66 (11,617 Views)

Hero
@DDRacing29 Hope there will be a sale for you soon.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 66 (11,594 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I pretty much had the same problem with you. I buy The Sims 4 on Steam, when I try to run it, it requires Origin to be installed and it prompted/asked my The Sims 4 Product Key (which I do not have from Steam). Think starting a game you properly buy shouldn't be this hard Frown

Message 19 of 66 (11,567 Views)

EA DICE Team
@sarashahnaz and just to be sure, you did buy the base game and not a DLC for Sims 4?

/Atic
Message 20 of 66 (11,548 Views)