Re: Steam Product Code For Origin

by crinrict

Original Post

Steam Product Code For Origin

★★★★★ Novice

Just brought the Game on steam, Where is the Product Code for Origin?

I can't play the game and Origin is asking for a Product Code cause its an "Unidentified Game". I can't find this code anywhere its not in my Email or anything. So where is it?

Keep getting after I open the game (Yes I'm launching it through steam) (mind you I downloaded it and uninstall it many times thinking it was a download issue) I keep getting "Activation Required" and Origin wanting a code. Can someone please help. I see in the download that there is a Sims 4-Key and its install.

It's Launching from Steam, Opens Origin, Origin Asking for an "Activation Required" You get Two options, Activate Game or Not (My account). I click Activate its asking for Product Code.

I have deleted origin and had steam re-download it many times now and it still asking for activation required and need a product code. i even tried to Verify Game Files but still does the same thing.

Click Sims 4 inside steam under library, launches, open origin, and keep getting that same issue.

"To play Sims 4 Game, you must first activate it on your EA account"
Activate Game by using a product code
Note (User)

Message 1 of 66 (88,711 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DDRacing29 
Maybe some information in this link will be helpful.

Troubleshooting EA games on Steam
https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/pc/troubleshooting-ea-games-on-steam/

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 66 (88,668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I tried all of that and Origin is never asking me to link an account. I only have 1 origin account an 1 steam account and its not asking for a link or a steam login

Message 3 of 66 (88,643 Views)

Hero
@DDRacing29 That is rather weird. Once you start the game, you should be prompted.

What OS are you on ?

This is how it should be

1. Buy the game on steam
2. Download/Install on Steam
3. Start the game on steam
4. Prompt to login with your Origin account
5. Login.
6. Play.

Did you ever have Sims on Origin Access or otherwise played on on Origin before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 66 (88,634 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i have Windows 10. And mine does this

1. Buy the game on steam
2. Download/Install on Steam
3. Start the game on steam
4. Prompt to login with your Origin account
5. Login
6. Ask for Activation and a Product Code. 
7. No play for me

Message 5 of 66 (88,607 Views)

Hero
@DDRacing29 OK. so you were asked to connect the accounts.

If you go to your account here: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index .. does Steam show up as connected account ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 66 (88,601 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

no the only thing that is there is my PSN account from back in PS3 days. Steam isn't getting linked. 

Message 7 of 66 (88,592 Views)

Hero
@DDRacing29 Guess that's the issue then if it didn't properly link.

Not sure I can help you further with that.

Have you contacted EA Support yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 66 (88,564 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yes i have and EA is blaming Steam and Steam is blaming EA.......... 

Could it be something with a download issue? how Origin and or the game are not downloading into the right place and origin looking for a file that it can't find cause of it downloading wrong. 

Message 9 of 66 (88,551 Views)

Hero
@DDRacing29 Ah, the blame game, always fun.

I've only tried with the Origin version installed but when I installed the Steam version, Origin wasn't running and it had no troubles finding it on my Account.

I also think there would be more reports if it was a general issue. Something is preventing your accounts from connecting properly

To narrow down the issue: Are you using same email address for both Steam and Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 66 (88,515 Views)