Steam / Origin Conflict

by timintn1

Original Post

Steam / Origin Conflict

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sims 4  ''

I purchased base game on steam because  wanted to do base game build without having to uninstall and./ or disable expansions I created a new origin account and linked it to my steam account

Now when I launch the non linked origin it launches Steam\

Any suggestion

\\\s  

Message 1 of 2 (879 Views)

Re: Steam / Origin Conflict

@timintn1  My suggestion would be to refund the game on Steam, uninstall Sims 4 and Origin, and reinstall.  (And if necessary, contact EA customer support to get the Steam version removed from your game library.)  This sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

The underlying issue is, regardless of how you install Sims 4, Origin will likely see the Steam version and try to launch Steam.  It's possible that a new Windows user account could fix this, especially if you somehow install Steam and Sims 4 in a directory that's limited to that user account.  However, if Origin is reading the registry entries Steam leaves, or just reading your entire hard drive as it might, it's still going to think you need to play through Steam.

And that gets you back to this being more trouble than it's worth.  Disabling expansions doesn't have to be difficult: just save the command line argument in a text document and paste it when you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (862 Views)