State of the Art PC and STILL Sims 4 lags and Sims get stuck.

by SpookyDiver

Original Post

Accepted Solution

State of the Art PC and STILL Sims 4 lags and Sims get stuck.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

OK y'all, I know this is an old subject and lots of you have problems with your Sims 4 lagging, slow responding.  We all have different specs on our PC's, but even if you have the best PC in the market, Sims 4 will still under perform. 

Take a look at my PC Specs:

Custom built by the best company on the Internet (no name given cause I don't know if it violates the rules)

Best gaming MB

Intel i9 9900k OC to 5 on all cores

64 Gig DDR4 (best brand) RAM @ 3400

RTX 2070 OC Video Card

Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD

2 Samsung 860 EVO SSDs

1000 Watts PS

Water cooled.

With a system like this, there is absolutely no reason why this game, which by the way, I have ALL expansions and stuff installed, can not give at least a consistent 60 FPS.  The average I get if 40-50 FPS.  

My CPU shows that only 30% gets utilized and my video card about 30%.

And that is not all, the game lags big time when multiple sims are in the same room, like a club or bar.  

I am a very PC tech kin of guy and check and rechecked, re-install the game, took all CC and MODS out, and the game still under performs.  

Oh, and lets not forget the annoying auto serenade which once is triggered, all the sims in the same room get stuck until the serenade finish, and there isn't a darn thing I can do about it to stop it.  Not just that, but since a couple of updates ago, when the auto serenade starts, the sims singing will not even show the animation.

I love this game, but it is going to get worse and worse for as long as they continued focusing in making more $$$ by releasing more expansions and not working on optimizing the game code (programming.)

Message 1 of 3 (412 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: State of the Art PC and STILL Sims 4 lags and Sims get stuck.

[ Edited ]

@SpookyDiver  I can't help you with the serenade issue, sorry.  I'll ask some other helpers if there's a bug report, or you can check the master list yourself.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/td-p/3445209

As for the lag, an overclocked 9900K wouldn't need to work that hard to run TS4.  The workload on your GPU will depend on the resolution you're using (let me know), but 30% core load for a 2070 does seem low.

The first thing to try though is to play while your computer is completely offline.  Some people have had severe fps drops for no apparent reason, but playing without an internet connection fixes the issue.  We're still not sure why.  But it's worth testing:  Sign into Origin, put it in offline mode, and then turn off wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.

If that doesn't help, please disable any apps you have running alongside the game, e.g. MSI Afterburner or the like.  You can monitor your in-game fps through Origin's setting, or by using a cheat.  Bring up the cheats console (ctrl-shift-C) and enter "fps on" without quotes, and a number will appear in the lower left corner of your screen.

If that doesn't help either, please try a clean boot.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

If none of this makes a difference, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Please also let me know what motherboard you have; they're not always listed in the dxdiag.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

P.S.  It's certainly not against the rules to mention the brands of your various components, nor the company that assembled your PC.  But it's not generally necessary.  I asked about the board because of the software that often comes with it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (403 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@SpookyDiver  I can't help you with the serenade issue, sorry.  I'll ask some other helpers if there's a bug report, or you can check the master list yourself.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/td-p/3445209

As for the lag, an overclocked 9900K wouldn't need to work that hard to run TS4.  The workload on your GPU will depend on the resolution you're using (let me know), but 30% core load for a 2070 does seem low.

The first thing to try though is to play while your computer is completely offline.  Some people have had severe fps drops for no apparent reason, but playing without an internet connection fixes the issue.  We're still not sure why.  But it's worth testing:  Sign into Origin, put it in offline mode, and then turn off wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.

If that doesn't help, please disable any apps you have running alongside the game, e.g. MSI Afterburner or the like.  You can monitor your in-game fps through Origin's setting, or by using a cheat.  Bring up the cheats console (ctrl-shift-C) and enter "fps on" without quotes, and a number will appear in the lower left corner of your screen.

If that doesn't help either, please try a clean boot.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

If none of this makes a difference, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Please also let me know what motherboard you have; they're not always listed in the dxdiag.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

P.S.  It's certainly not against the rules to mention the brands of your various components, nor the company that assembled your PC.  But it's not generally necessary.  I asked about the board because of the software that often comes with it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (404 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@SpookyDiver It's got to be something else that's the problem. My PC is half as good as yours and my Sims 4 is pegged at 60 fps.
Message 3 of 3 (391 Views)