Star Wars Journey to Batuu game pack no longer letting me travel after update

by singer2007

Original Post

Star Wars Journey to Batuu game pack no longer letting me travel after update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

After the November 10th update on my windows pc, my Star Wars journey to Batuu game pack and sound didn’t work, my sound is back after they fixed the crash but my Star Wars game pack still doesn’t work, it shows I have the game installed but won’t let me travel to the world with a Sim, and it worked before the update. Please help. 

Message 1 of 9 (4,561 Views)

Re: Star Wars Journey to Batuu game pack no longer letting me travel after updat

@singer2007  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please let me know whether any content from the pack is loading in your game.  You can check Build/Buy for items you know are from that pack.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (4,544 Views)

Re: Star Wars Journey to Batuu game pack no longer letting me travel after updat

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Unfortunately the repair option doesn’t work, I have tried that several times. So far I have t had any items that came with that pack that haven’t worked with the build/buy mode. It just won’t let me travel to the world of Batuu with a sim. So far the only option I have gotten was to move a sim there which I could try. 

Message 3 of 9 (4,541 Views)

@singer2007  Do you use mods?  This kind of sounds like the effects of a mod that lets sims live in what are otherwise vacation worlds.  If you have any, please move your Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and see whether your sim can travel.

Otherwise, or if the above doesn't work, please test in a clean user folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just test in a new save with a new sim.  Let me know how it goes.

Message 4 of 9 (4,529 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict okay thanks. I’m not sure I use mods actually, but I’ll look. Is there a way to tell if I do? Also to look for the local thumb cache do I go under settings on my computer or in the EA folder on my computer?
Message 5 of 9 (4,510 Views)

@singer2007  Mods are in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods, or in a subfolder inside.  If you don't have any files in that folder (other than resource.cfg), you don't have mods.  The localthumbcache file is in the same Sims 4 folder; please delete it regardless.

If you don't happen to have any mods, or removing them doesn't work, please test in a new user folder, as described.

Message 6 of 9 (4,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Ok will do. I’ll let you know what happens thanks for helping me through this.

Update #1: Ok so I don’t have mods, I deleted the localthumbcache file. So I’m going to see if it works now. I’ll let you know either way.

Update #2: So I deleted the file but then it deleted the pets in my pet world. So how do I recover the file?

Update #3: Nevermind I recovered the file. I’ll just try to do the other way you suggested. Because I don’t want it to mess up my other game packs like it just did.

Update #4I recovered the file and I’m hoping the pets show up again, if not how to I uninstall and reinstall the game? Just the pets game and the Star Wars game?

Update #5: So I accidentally clicked on game options in the game menu and clicked to store default settings and so far it looks like everything is back to normal. I’ll let you know if anything changes.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 7 of 9 (4,500 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict So I spoke too soon. My game was working and now it is not. It is acting up again and not letting anyone travel there. So I am going to try and do what you said again from the beginning and see what happens. I may need your help again. I’ll keep you updated. I don’t know why it keeps acting up off and on. Is there a way to Uninstall the Star Wars game and re-install it because I haven’t found an option for that.
Message 8 of 9 (4,430 Views)

@singer2007  If you want to test, you can just disable the Star Wars pack:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

It may not be quite as thorough as uninstalling the pack altogether; I'm not sure how far it goes beyond preventing Origin from loading the pack data.  But it's a simple step.

If you want to experiment, you can delete the GP09 (the Star Wars pack is game pack 9) folder from the game install folder.  The default location is:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

There's a separate EP09 folder within Detla, but that's not the one you want.  Deleting the folder this way is officially unsupported, but at worst, redownloading the pack and repairing the game should fix any issues.

Message 9 of 9 (4,424 Views)