Star Wars Expansion Sound & Outfit Glitches

by kittell17

Original Post

Star Wars Expansion Sound & Outfit Glitches

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi. I have had some bugs/or glitches with the new Star Wars expansion pack for Sims 4. This has to do with both Rey and Kylo Ren's voices, as well as some of the outfits. 

1. Voices - immediately upon meeting both Rey and Kylo Ren I held shift and clicked on them, adding them immediately into my household. What I noticed is that each of their voices will NOT work at all about 98% to 99% of the time that they are talking. All the other Sim voices are normal, even when they are conversing with either Rey or Kylo Ren. How do I fix this issue?
  2. Outfits - Fortunately this happens less often but it did happen to both Rey and Kylo Ren after adding them to household as mentioned above. For example, Kylo Ren will be in his black suit and then the next his mask will be off completely. He will also be wearing different clothes sometimes too. Then an adult Sim in my household (born from the original pair not from Star Wars) had a scoundrel gun glued to his hand when he was wearing normal everyday clothes not from Star Wars. I got rid of the gun by changing his clothes in plan outfit. When I edited all the Sims in my household, including Kylo Ren and Rey this problem disappeared.

I do not have custom content except for a few house and community lots that I downloaded on the exchange prior to this new Star Wars expsndion. I am hoping that this is only a temporary glitch/or bug, but since the expansion is a very new release I figured it may be in the works to be corrected. If not, how do I fix it so that both Kylo Ren and Rey's voice remain consistent 100% of the time, and no more clothing glitches? Thank you.

Message 1 of 13 (1,217 Views)

Re: Star Wars Expansion Sound & Outfit Glitches

@kittell17  Rey and Kylo Ren are both special characters, and adding them to your household via cheats may garble some of their data.  I'm not saying don't do it, just understand that there might be unintended side effects.  Although the developers understand that people will use cheats, those cheats aren't explicitly supported, so I doubt that fixing a problem that arises from using a cheat would be a high priority.  On the other hand, if you want to post this as feedback, this thread could be moved to the General Discussion and Feedback section.

And of course if you notice any glitches with either character when they haven't been added to a household, then that's worth reporting as a technical issue or perhaps a bug.

For the stuck gun in your other sim's hand, that happens sometimes with objects.  If changing the outfit fixed it, I wouldn't worry about it, especially if it's a one-time occurrence.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 13 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you. I had no idea that adding them via a cheat could do that to their voices. I guess that's the trade off for adding them in. So if I add them normally their voices will remain consistent then?
Message 3 of 13 (1,173 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue. I saved my game with his robes and mask on and I come back and he is in resistance clothes... I cannot find his old outfit in the plan outfits option. Their voices also do cut out. 

Message 4 of 13 (1,165 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kittell17  I'm not sure there's a way to add them normally; I think the only option is to cheat.  But if you want to experiment a bit, you can try in a new save and see whether you come up with a more reliable approach to adding them, or even whether adding them works better this time.

For your existing save, have you tried bringing them into CAS and changing their voices?  You could change them back to what they originally were; the point is to make the game regenerate the data.

@cowboybhabie  Try the above for voices, although again, I'm not sure whether there's a reliable fix.  For the outfits, I don't know what to tell you other than to use a cheat (or mod) to unlock all hidden outfits.

Message 5 of 13 (1,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  Do you know which specific cheat I could use for the outfits?

Message 6 of 13 (1,159 Views)

@cowboybhabie  You can try bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement , although I'm not sure it would work for clothing.  You might need a mod, and I don't know which one you might use other than perhaps MCCC.  I've never tried this myself.

Message 7 of 13 (1,152 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I figured romancing or befriending them, like with other Sims, could give you the option to add them into my household normally. I'm going to have to try that in a new game, so to be certain whether it works or not is pending. I mean, I would think that traditional way would work. 

Regarding the voices in CAS, how do I retain their accents? I know that you can choose a different tone (or pitch) and style if voice, but because Rey and Kylo Ren are unique in the game, I'm afraid that if I modify their voices in CAS that they might get a default Sim voice. I mean, I had an issue with female voices with my base game, before I installed any expansions. I changed the style and got a male voice. When I tried adjusting the tone or pitch the male voice remained. As for male Sims they always retained their manliness in their voices  so I don't know.

Lastly, how many new games can Sims 4 support? I know that we had a discussion months ago about keeping the tray folder and other folders clean.

Message 8 of 13 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@cowboybhabie Yeah, I wanted to ask you if you used the cheat to add either Rey or Kylo Ren into your household, or did you befriend and romance them enough for that option to appear normally?

Message 9 of 13 (1,139 Views)

@kittell17  I haven't heard whether the usual approaches work to add the sims to your household or not.  For CAS, one thing I'd try is changing their voices and then undoing the change, so (in theory) they go back to having their default voices.  If it doesn't work, it's easy to quit without saving.

I'm not aware of any hard limit on the number of saves you can have.  If you're worried you have too many though, just move your entire saves folder somewhere else.  The next time you launch the game, a new saves folder will spawn, and you can create however many saves for testing purposes you want.  If you don't feel like keeping the results of those tests, you can trash the new saves folder and put the old one back, no harm done.  If you do want to keep a new save, you'll have to rename the file itself, but that's easy.

Message 10 of 13 (1,121 Views)