Re: Stairs glitch: Sims get to the top and turn right around

by Bily_jednorozec

Original Post

Stairs glitch: Sims get to the top and turn right around

★★ Newbie

In the Sims 3, suddenly my Sims have started climbing the stairs, stopping at the top, and going right back down. They are unable to access the second floor. Here are the things I've already tried

• I've deleted and re-done the stairs,
  • I've rearranged the stairs,
  • I've reset my sims, and
  • I followed the steps suggested by the EA Customer Service, which was to locate and delete all Cached files and files ending in "package."

This is frustrating. I'm on the 15th generation or so of my family in this game, so I'd like to avoid deleting the game.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (2,942 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Maybe try moving houses and then moving back? I don't know. Sometimes the lot is just totally glitched. Perhaps, save the lot, then go to edit town, bulldoze the lot, the put a new lot back in, and then place the lot back in.

Message 2 of 4 (2,936 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sometimes it means that there is something blocking the stairs. Try moving furniture around and if that doesnt work try deleting the stairs then re-biuld them. Kind like reseting them. If all else fails try moving and see if they have the same problem in another house with different stairs.

Message 3 of 4 (2,934 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue on different lots, if modular stairs are stacked one of top each the other. No way to get it work. 1.55 glitch?

Message 4 of 4 (2,930 Views)