Original Post

Accepted Solution

Squished-Faced Sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Snowy Escape, Paranormal Stuff, Bust the Dust Kit, Country Kitchen Kit, and Throwback Fit Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea. I was playing the same save for weeks and then I went to edit my current Sim's outfit and his face was squished, smashed, and warped to every corner. I rarely play with cheats, and I've never installed or used any mod or piece of CC. I've had this problem before, but I don't remember how I got rid of it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try editing a Sim (Via Create A Sim, Manage Worlds, or a dresser), my Sim's faces are always squished and oddly proportioned. I don't have any mods or CC installed. The bug occurred the exact day the new skin tones update dropped. I opened the game to check what was new and was shocked. I stopped playing entirely until I decided to try and get this fixed.
What do you expect to see? Normal looking human faces. I haven't fully tested if this applies to pets or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The skin tones update. I never altered or changed any files considering I was playing the night before the update.

I sent 3 screenshots of the bug's appearance.

• Image 1 is what they start out as upon generation.
  • Images 2 and 3 are what happens when you try to mold them back to normal.

Please help me fix this I've had this issue for several months. I've tried everything to fix this but nothing works.

Message 1 of 7 (1,583 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Squished-Faced Sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, I finally took the time to actually try and get this working... I completely ignored it due to spring break. Earlier today I tried resetting my game like you suggested, however, It didn't fix the issue I was having. This computer is only 4 years old, and it's starting to degrade in quality this past year. I'm not as much worried about the game now as I'm thinking I might need to buy a new PC. I guess we'll see how that goes..

Thank you for your time. Unless you have another suggestion, I don't think I'll need anymore help with this topic.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,329 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@196819982304 Could you upload your Sim to the gallery and post the name here ?

Does everything include repairing the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, sorry for the late response back! I posted a few randomly generated sims/pets to the gallery to help solve my problem. You can search the name 'Test4 FaceBug Fix' using the #BugFix

I sent a photo as well for reference...

EDIT: I forgot to include that my Origin account name is 'donbayette68' in case you need that, as well. Thanks again for your help.

Message 3 of 7 (1,485 Views)

Hero
@196819982304 Hm, I don't seem to have any issues molding that Sim to a less flat face. Sure doesn't look like anything you posted in the first post. Do pets also get flat faced when you try to mold them ?

Are those random Sims done on a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes, the randomized Sims come from a fresh "save." I didn't actually play the game with those Sims. Also I don't know if pets are effected to this issue - I can't tell.

The last time I encountered this bug was awhile ago, but what I did to fix it was to just delete the save. However, when it happened a second time, I deleted the save it was effecting, but it didn't solve the issue. Now everytime I enter CaS, the visual distortion puts me off.

I've tried clearing my cache, repairing my game, and even uninstalling/reinstalling. I don't know what to do or how to fix it. Please help.

EDIT: I'm using my phone hence the different account.

Message 5 of 7 (1,431 Views)

Hero

Hi  @196819982304 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, I finally took the time to actually try and get this working... I completely ignored it due to spring break. Earlier today I tried resetting my game like you suggested, however, It didn't fix the issue I was having. This computer is only 4 years old, and it's starting to degrade in quality this past year. I'm not as much worried about the game now as I'm thinking I might need to buy a new PC. I guess we'll see how that goes..

Thank you for your time. Unless you have another suggestion, I don't think I'll need anymore help with this topic.

Message 7 of 7 (1,330 Views)