Spraying plants for bugs stopped working?

by Miizme

Original Post

Spraying plants for bugs stopped working?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, get to work, city living, cats & dogs, spa day, parenthood, backyard stuff, luxury party stuff, perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant plants in your garden, doesnæt matter if it is in a planter on on the ground. Take care of them and wait until one of them needs to be sprayed for bugs. Spray the plant.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can spray the plant for one full time, and then the flies do not go away, the option to spray does not go away, but if you try to spray again then you only spray for a second and you can repeat this over and over if you want. My sim leveled to level 9 gardening so she could do "all in one" gardening, and she ended up being stuck just spraying for a second, pausing, spraying for a second over and over.
What do you expect to see? Spraying, bugs leave and the option to spray gone when you click that plant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This suddenly happened without me adding new packs or mods or anything really. One day she sprayed the plants and everything worked out fine, the next...this happened and every single plant that has been needed to sprayed after this has had this issue. It has happened to both "small" plants and trees, and the only "solution" I have found so far is to delete the plant with the issue and replant an identical plant... which kinda sucks when your sim has the gardener aspiration.

Message 1 of 16 (3,555 Views)

Re: Spraying plants for bugs stopped working?

Hero

Hi @Miizme

after removing your mods, did you also delete your localthumbcache file ? Are you sure there's none that are still active ?

Could you also test this with a different Sim

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (3,489 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I started a new game with a different sim and set the aspiration and traits to the same as my old sim, even the traits for the lot just to try and create similar conditions. While I have not yet had any plants needing to be sprayed I do see a lot of differences in this garden... plants suddenly need water and fertilizer more often, so I am starting to think there is more to it than just the spraying. Quite ironic that the one time I decide I want a gardener sim, this happens
Message 3 of 16 (3,468 Views)

Hero
Let me know how it goes with the spraying. Did you also double check on the mods ?

If so, would you be willing to share the save you have issues with wit me ?

Just upload to dropbox, google drive or onedrive and pm me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (3,461 Views)

Hero

Did you have any luck with this @Miizme ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (3,433 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (3,411 Views)

★ Novice
I don't know what the convention is here for posting on old threads, so I apologize if this is inappropriate... I just got here through Google.

I'm having the same problem. Sims 4, no mods, no expansions, nothing special (and never have had).

It used to work OK, but now the bugs don't go away when sprayed, and Tend Garden just keeps spraying over and over until eventually the plant dies. The spraying animation is weird, also... it's like the Sim is interrupted before being able to actually complete the operation. If I try to spray two plants, it kind of runs back and forth between them frantically.

Quitting and restarting doesn't help, resetSim doesn't help.

Trying a different Sim on the same plants DOES help, though. Thanks for the suggestion!

That is, Sim A can't spray the plant for bugs, but Sim B can. And I'm gardening in a collective plot, so that works OK... a little annoying, but workable.
Message 7 of 16 (3,193 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@dpolicar
Maybe sim B will be OK after this also.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
I don't work for EA
Message 8 of 16 (3,189 Views)

★ Novice
I think this might be a bug with Tend Garden? I will let you know if it recurs when I get a second Sim to the proper level of Gardening.
Message 9 of 16 (3,186 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@dpolicar
I don't think so. I have a garden in each new game and never had this bug.
Always save your game option "save as." Overwriting old saves which you have played by long time by simple "save and quit" option can result such errors.
Message 10 of 16 (3,183 Views)