Re: Speed issues after November 10th update

by crinrict

Original Post

Speed issues after November 10th update

★★★ Novice

I can't find where to report a bug but since the update, I have had crashing problems (now fixed I can see) but a new issue occurred with the speed lagging a lot, I can't super speed on when they are sleeping or at work either.

When I fast forward and go back to normal speed everything lags except the speed so the speed and their needs are still moving but everything else is still. The only way I can go back to normal is if I save the game and don't speed up at all.

this happens every time I speed up and discourages me from playing since I don't want to play on speed 1 all the time.

Message 1 of 12 (434 Views)

Hero
@efrejd Are you on mac or Pc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict  I am on a PC, this is still an issue, tried launching the game and it happened after 2 minutes and now it is completely stuck on fast forward I can't even save it and had to end with task  manager.

Message 3 of 12 (388 Views)

Hero
@efrejd Like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/td-... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict  I saw this thread, and I wouldn't say it's like that, it has something to do with the fast speed and not the clock.

So when I speed up x3 and then want to go back to normal speed everything gets stuck in fast mode. everything still moves except the sims themselves. And I cant click on anything, I used to be able to save but now I can't even that. So the game is unplayable. It doesn't crash, I have to manually close it.

No mods

Have tried repairing

Message 5 of 12 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@efrejd Going to move this to tech for troubleshooting then

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Does it also happen on a fresh save or just that one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (370 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict  I tried a new file for a few minutes and it runs smoothly so perhaps my other save file is corrupt.

It's very unfortunate since I had been working on it for a while and really enjoyed the complex relations and such which we don't get naturally in the game, and now i cant continue on it is sad. Hopefully, we get a patch with this issue and I can go back to the file.

Thank you for the help!

Message 7 of 12 (367 Views)

Hero
@efrejd How big is the save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (365 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict   I don't know how to check this I'm sorry Frown But I have played on it for a while 

Message 9 of 12 (337 Views)

Hero
@efrejd Can you post a picture of your saves folder in documents\electronic arts\the sims 4 ?

Make sure you have it on view to details so that you see file size

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (334 Views)