Re: Specific CC not showing up even though its listed in mods

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

Specific CC not showing up even though its listed in mods

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey there, I've been trying to add some more fish tanks to my game, and I downloaded 3 cc aquariums.

2 off this site: sims 4 Fab

and then this one:

littlemssam on tumblr

when I load the game, all 3 are listed in the mods pop up, but none of them show up in build mode. I tried doing a  cats and dogs batch fix with no luck. none of them are more than one sub folder deep. I can't really find any other cc fish tanks that aren't huge. I feel like I've been doing back flips trying to get a classy looking fish tank in my sims office.

Message 1 of 6 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @beccaloid  

Pretty sure I have used those fish tanks, the first one is 'attached' to the Dine Out pack, do you have that game pack? Though I cannot remember why I don't anymore, thanks for the reminder so have gone to download them again, chances are they were removed when an update happened, and I didn't check again. Raised eyebrow I use many of FAB (free as a birds) cc from the shed crystals, magazines etc, also Little msSam's cc as well, she keeps her cc/mods updated pretty thoroughly.

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile

I have no connection to EA

Have now checked and downloaded them fine,they can be found in Activities & Skills then the misc tab, keep in mind free as a birds aquariums, are not as 'small' as you think.. they are quite large, the sizing down works 'somewhat' but...

Edit: Just did a quick search for you re a smaller fish tank, while cc links are not allowed here, if you search for SimLifeCC fish tank aquarium, sims 4, you're bound to find her tumblr. (her fish tanks are scaled down in size, but also require a pack, the Spa Day pack.)

Message 2 of 6 (481 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your response. I don't have dine out or spa day. maybe that's my issue? If you can find the FAB cc, then it must be something I've done. I looked in Activities & Skills/misc and show all with the cc content filter on. Could it be because I'm trying to put it on a residential lot?

Message 3 of 6 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

YW, Checking that you are used to cc(?) in that you need to 'extract' zipped files also nothing to do with the lot type. @beccaloid  FAB Fish Tanks were base game, not the other though, you'd need the pack as I mentioned before.

Message 4 of 6 (442 Views)

★★ Novice

I have extracted them. I went ahead and took some screenshots. I thought you might be able to spot something wrong that I might not know to look for.

This is my mods folder:

files.png

When I open the game:

mods.png

and then buy/build:

buildbuy.png

Am I missing any files? Are there any clues that you can find in this? I thought this might be easier...

Message 5 of 6 (414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @beccaloid   

Well, I can see the Cube Aquarium is there, as for the other, seems that FAB has connected it to the Spa Day pack even though it was posted as a base game tank.. (I just sorted my build/buy, by pack and found that out) So unless you have that pack it won't work for you.

Although, while I'm here; culling cc and mods to find anything broken (trying your game each time) as may be out of date like the Kijiko lashes and the pose player may also be broken, so make sure to get the new version if available.

Also, delete the picture files, or move them out, as only pkg/script files need be there, although also should not be stopping it from loading into your game though.

If you are new to using cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining your game and keeping it free from broken cc/mods

Message 6 of 6 (399 Views)