Sound Effect Audio Loop - Running Water

by ShizukaAmea

Original Post

Sound Effect Audio Loop - Running Water

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, I am posting this topic in hopes that someone out there will be able to help me decipher why this audio loop has been occurring.

Starting earlier today, I noticed that after my sim had used the washroom, there was an auditory water running sound. I was uncertain what exact object it was originating from, as the sim used the toilet, sink, shower, and bath tub to soak in.

I tried resetting all the different objects, deleting and buying a new version, etc. I also attempted going to manage worlds and back into the lot, and making a copy of the house in my library and placing a new one down. Even going to the main menu and back into the save it's in, the sound still remains, 24/7 in sim time, looping as if water was running.

I checked the other sinks/tubs/showers on the lot, to see if maybe another object had broken. Finding nothing, I attempted to Google an answer to this weird phenomenon. Lots of answers for Sims 3, but nothing pertaining to this in Sims 4.

A short term fix I found was to exit the game entirely, delete the local thumb cache as well as the spotlight one. Upon loading up my save, the sound is gone. However, as soon as the sim uses the facilities again, the sound loop appears again. I have also discovered upon reloading, that all the sinks/tubs/shower sound effects are layering upon one another, creating a very loud water running loop.

I have not added or removed anything from my electronic arts Sims 4 folder. For the time being I have muted the Sound Effect bar in my game, as it's the only way the sound disappears entirely. I should mention that I cannot hear the sound when my game is paused, but when I am in any of the three live mode speeds, it comes back full force and flows with the chosen speed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope that there is someone out there who may be able to think of a solution I may have overlooked, or simply not thought of trying. Any and all advice on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Just in case, I own all the stuff packs, expansions, and game packs minus: Bowling Night Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, and Jungle Adventure.

I do use mods in my game, but every time a new update is made, I take the time to make sure every mod is updated, removing the ones that are no longer compatible. My game is running smoothly with no other issues.

Update - Sound loop also occurred when using the harvester on weeds. Loud vacuum noises were on a never-ending loop. Unsure if related, but added in just in case.

Message 1 of 1 (183 Views)