Re: Some of the actors' pre-assignments cannot be progressed.

by crinrict

Original Post

Some of the actors' pre-assignments cannot be progressed.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 日本語
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Realm of Magic, Bowling Night, Vintage Gramour, All kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? An actor tries to act out a scene with another sim for a preparation task.
What happens when the bug occurs? Invite them to perform, take a deep breath, then display a butterbur with a forbidden symbol on their face and get angry. At least my sim make motions that only I get angry when the other person is a celebrity of a lower rank than my sim. If the other person is a celebrity of a higher rank than you, you both make angry motions. The other sims are all actors, so they shouldn't fail to practice acting. I played it with all mods and CC removed as a test, but that didn't improve the glitch, just the sight of my sim as a skinhead in only his underwear.
What do you expect to see? I'm hoping that the sims will be able to successfully complete their quotas like before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.72.28.1030 (2021.03.23)

TS4_x64 2021-03-26 17-57-23.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1 of 7 (460 Views)

Hero
@aoi_SIMS Does it matter what kind of scene you're doing (romance, ..) ? Have you tested another save to see if it's limited to the save game you're playing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (426 Views)

★★ Novice

>Does it matter what kind of scene you're doing (romance, ..) ? 
This glitch began to occur in every scene practice, at least after I was chosen to be in this movie (titled "Urban Melody" in Japanese). I was able to complete the monologue for the work assignment I received right after the recent update.

>Have you tested another save to see if it's limited to the save game you're playing ?
I don't have any actor sims in my other play data, so I used default sim Judith (?). She couldn't get the same audition as my Sim, but I had her and Vanessa practice acting and they succeeded. I don't know if this glitch is happening only with this save data or only with the "Urban Melody" pre-assignment. My sims will give up on this pre-assignment for now and hope for the real thing, and I'll take the next job offer and see how it goes.

Message 3 of 7 (401 Views)

Hero
@aoi_SIMS Can you try another actor in the same save as well ? Maybe it's related to some trait the Sim has.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (385 Views)

Hero
@aoi_SIMS Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (352 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been away from this data for a while, so I apologize for not checking on this.

I tried to do the same thing again after today's update and my sims no longer dislike acting.
I don't know what was the cause of all this, but I'm just so happy that my sim is back in business!

I am very grateful that you listened to me. Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 7 (327 Views)

Hero
@aoi_SIMS Good to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (308 Views)