Some of my EPs not installed

by divaroma

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Some of my EPs not installed

★★ Apprentice

Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone has this problem as well. According to EA Help, many players experience issues with installed EPs that are not showing in the game (and launcher).

I have all the EPs and SPs (except Katy Perry). The EPs World Adventures, Ambitions, Seasons and University Life are installed, but not showing up in launcher and game. All my other EPs / SPs are looking fine.

What did I already try to solve this problem?

1. I tried to install it through an old version of Origin. This does not work (apparently).

2. I tried to clear EA Desktop App Cache. This does not work either. 

Any other ideas?

Message 1 of 35 (1,017 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Some of my EPs not installed

Community Manager
Hi @divaroma,

Took a look at the account just now and I can't find any record of those DLC's you mentioned that aren't working. It sounds like the EA app is recognizing DLC's from another account that logged in on your PC perhaps?

Without providing an advisor the email of the other account, or the CD key redeemed on your account, I'm afraid we won't be able to assist further in locating these.
EACade

View in thread

Message 25 of 35 (786 Views)

All Replies

@divaroma  Where did you buy these packs?  If from a third-party seller, it's possible that you received bad product codes, and in that case, you'll need to contact EA customer support to confirm.  Ask the support rep about the status of your packs, not just whether your account owns them but whether their codes are active and valid.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you prefer, you can try EA Help through Twitter or Facebook instead.

In either case, if you don't get anywhere with support, let me know.

@roberta591  The use of the EA App means this is not a Steam install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 35 (989 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It is too bad I do not have any access to the codes, so I cannot confirm. I just talked to them and I cannot even buy them again from EA App, only through an approved retailer (the only option is Steam, but a different Steam account is linked to my EA Account). 

Message 3 of 35 (973 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Although the codes worked before and suddenly now it is not.

Message 4 of 35 (971 Views)

@divaroma  I understand, but you need to find out whether these codes are still active and valid.  If they're not, you should be able to request that they be removed from your account so you can purchase the packs again should you want to.

Message 5 of 35 (964 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I deleted my account where I bought the packs, so accessing them will be difficult. But I can ask to remove these codes anyway? 

Message 6 of 35 (959 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is getting weird. I want to request to delete the specific EPs from my account. But now EA says I don't have the base game on my account (and that is why I haven't access to my other EPs). But I bought the Sims 3 Starter Pack from EA themselves and I can play the Sims 3 just fine (with all the EPs, except the four mentioned). 

Message 7 of 35 (931 Views)

[ Edited ]

@divaroma  Unfortunately, deleting an account doesn't free up the codes tied to that account, and in fact there's no way to add those codes to a different account.  The only thing you might be able to do is recover the old account and have it merged with your current one, which in turn depends on whether the old account was truly deleted or just deactivated.

I have no idea why support is telling you that you don't have the base game on your current account.  As you've said, you wouldn't be able to play without it.

I'm also sorry you're getting less than good help from support.  If you haven't made any progress by Monday, or you just want to wait instead of continuing to try, I can flag your thread to someone from EA to see whether there's something else you might do or say to the support rep.  The answer might be nothing, but at least you'll know what's possible.

Message 8 of 35 (924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I did not want to delete my account or merged into a different one (I dont have another account), the only thing I deleted is my account of the retailer (King-uin). Only thing I want is to delete the codes of World Adventures, Ambitions, University Life and Seasons in order to buy them again... so I contacted support. They say that I do not own the Sims 3 Base Game (but I can I play it and even have the e-mail confirming my order). 

As a solution they offer me to clear my cache (both browser and EA App) and use a different pay method, but I cannot buy the Sims 3, because I already own it!

Message 9 of 35 (914 Views)

[BUG] Base Game not owned according to Support

★★ Apprentice

[I already mentioned this on another topic, but I had to create a new topic].

First of all.  I just wanted to delete four codes from my account of these EPs: World Adventures, Ambitions, Seasons and University Life. I bought them through an unrecognized retailer (the Penguin one) and I did not know at that time that these codes could be invalid. I cannot check these codes, because I deleted my Penguin-account, because it was hacked. 

I contacted Support to solve this issue and to delete these four EPs and to buy them again through EA App (the legit way), because I do not have another option (Amazon does not sell the Sims 3 at reasonable prices in my country). However, Support reported that I do not own the Sims 3 Base Game, which is odd, because I can play the game with all my EPs and SPs installed (except the four mentioned). I even have the Order Confirmation by e-mail. 

What do I want? I just want to play the Sims 3 with all my EPs / SPs, which is everything except Katy Perry SP. If I need to buy the EPs again, so be it. But I can tell for certain that I bought the base game (the Starter Pack) through Origin.

Message 10 of 35 (918 Views)