Some of Get Together Expansion Pack Items Not Showing Up

by ldothoam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Some of Get Together Expansion Pack Items Not Showing Up

★★ Novice

I was decorating a house in The Sims 4 and noticed that one of my favorite wall plants from Get Together was missing. I filtered to show only Get Together items and clicked "Show All" And only THREE build objects show up. On CAS It doesn't even show anything from this pack. I've had this expansion pack since 2016 so I figured it was Custom Content messing with my game so I disabled it. That didn't work. I tried online chatting with an Advisor but I accidentally clicked out of the chat. Before that happened they told me it was probably a sync issue. I tried online chatting with that person again but it was unavailable so I called. The person on the phone was useless because all they told me to do was log out and log back in. I tried online chatting again and they told me they would email me some directions to fix this problem. They sent me that email but it contained no instructions. What a joke. 

Message 1 of 3 (450 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Some of Get Together Expansion Pack Items Not Showing Up

Champion (Retired)

@ldothoam

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Does that do anything for you?

You could also try resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
    • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (471 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@ldothoam

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Does that do anything for you?

You could also try resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
    • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 2 of 3 (472 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow, that was so easy and it worked. Thank you!! 

Message 3 of 3 (428 Views)