Original Post

Accepted Solution

Some Mounted Fish look robotic and flicke

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous; Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure; Cool Kitchen Stuff & Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Mount Pufferfish, Tuna, Cichlid, Angelfish, and Discus and pull out of inventory and onto a wall.
What happens when the bug occurs? Completely a visual bug. After pulling the mounted fish out of my Sim's inventory, I noticed some problems with the looks of these fish. The plaques on mounted Pufferfish and Tuna flicker when moving the camera. The Cichlid, Angelfish, and Discus look entirely robotic.
What do you expect to see? The plaques on mounted Pufferfish and Tuna flicker when moving the camera. The Cichlid, Angelfish, and Discus look entirely robotic.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've taken a screenshot of my game, and highlighted the problem fish. It's not a big deal; something I noticed on my recent playthrough!

Message 1 of 6 (474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] Some Mounted Fish look robotic and flicker

Hero (Retired)

@ItsMeBNorr I tried to reproduce this in my game and couldn't.  From your screen shot, it looks like some corruption to me.  If you haven't already, please try the following steps: 1) remove all mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test the issue in the new save.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (431 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@ItsMeBNorr I tried to reproduce this in my game and couldn't.  From your screen shot, it looks like some corruption to me.  If you haven't already, please try the following steps: 1) remove all mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test the issue in the new save.

Message 2 of 6 (432 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Tagging @ItsMeBNorr 

Have you been able to resolve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (408 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

@ItsMeBNorr

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (382 Views)

★★★ Novice
I did all the steps and tested the issue in a new save once but had the same issue reappearing. I tried again, making sure that I had done everything correctly and they came out just fine when I made another new save. Seems like everything is resolved; thanks for your help!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

@crinrict
Message 5 of 6 (368 Views)

Hero
No worries :D

Glad to hear it's working now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (366 Views)