Re: Solving Version "0.0.0.0" Error

by pintomc

Original Post

Solving Version "0.0.0.0" Error

★★ Apprentice

Note: After The Sims 3 Generations this error has become less likely due to patches only being applied to the base game and not all expansions.

If you are experiencing version "0.0.0.0" in The Sims 3 Launcher, then quite likely you're annoyed and want to know how to fix this problem. This problem usually happens after a game patch or if you're installing expansions/stuff packs before The Sims 3 Generations in the wrong order. There are several things you can try to resolve this:

Reinstall Origin (PC)

After a game update, if you receive version "0.0.0.0" and are unable to play, reinstalling Origin, aka. the EA Download Manager, can resolve the error for some users. Try the following:

• Uninstall Origin
  • Reboot your computer
  • Obtain the latest version of Origin available here: http://www.origin.com
  • Launch Origin to ensure that it's fully up to date.
  • Open The Sims 3 Launcher

At this point the launcher should prompt you that another update is available and you should be able to update your game.

Clear Game Cache

Another way of attempting to solve this problem with your game is to clear the game cache. Go to your 'The Sims 3' folder found in your documents.

On a Windows PC this can be found in: My Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3. Then delete the following items from the folder:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • Sims3Logs.xml
  • socialCache.package (only available after game update 1.32)
  • tslus.bin
  • Version.tag

After doing this, launch The Sims 3 Launcher again. You should be prompted to update, or regain the functionality to launch the game. If not, you'll have to reinstall your games in order. This can be an annoying process, however, this resolves it if you can't find another way.

Reinstalling The Sims 3

Uninstall all of The Sims 3 expansions and stuff packs before the base game. Ensure every 'The Sims 3' title, including the base game, is uninstalled from your computer. You can tell the uninstall wizard to keep your game files so you don't loose anything.

The next step is to reinstall the games. You can reinstall the base game, patch to the latest version, and then install expansions/stuff packs in order or install expansions/stuff packs in order and patch once all your games are installed to avoid any errors, if possible. If you're missing a title, then don't worry too much. The installation order should be:

• The Sims 3
  • The Sims 3 World Adventures
  • The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff
  • The Sims 3 Ambitions
  • The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff
  • The Sims 3 Late Night
  • The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff
  • The Sims 3 Generations
  • The Sims 3 Towns Life Stuff
  • The Sims 3 Pets
  • The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff
  • The Sims 3 Showtime
  • The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treets
  • The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff

Your game should now work once again! If you're prompted to update, if you didn't update after installing The Sims 3/before any expansions, then be sure to patch now if available!

Hopefully this helps someone resolve this error, it definitely annoyed me when it first happened a year or two ago. Here's to hoping you get back playing soon! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 1 of 53 (36,432 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the steps, they are really important Standard smile.

Message 2 of 53 (36,208 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Glad this is of use to someone. It's a very annoying error, which I experienced too - thank god they fixed the patching system so it's not as common anymore.

Message 3 of 53 (36,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi maxgotnotail,

Information like this helps other users and is the sort of thing needed to help lay the foundations of this community. This post has thus been floated, so it stays at the top of the Sims 3 area. Standard smile

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 4 of 53 (36,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have uninstalled all Sims 3 content, reinstalled the game and it worked fine until I applied the patch. I even removed all Norton software and defragmented my hard drive. The launcher worked fine until I patched the game. Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 53 (36,149 Views)

Hero

Are you seening the 0.0.0.0 error ? Do you have just the base game ? Did you patch through the launcher ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 53 (36,144 Views)

Exception Raised

★★ Newbie

I have spent 5 hours uploading The sims 3 with pretty much every expansion pack and stuff pack. i now get the following message BEFORE the launcher even comes up.

Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000000c at address ox102105b.   As with everyone else the debug option does nothing.... other than freeze my computer.

The online forum's from a long as 3 years ago say that EA have not helped fix the problem. i hope this isn't the case as I want to play the game. 

What can I do get this resolved ?

Message 7 of 53 (35,892 Views)

Re: Exception Raised

Hero

Are you on a mac or PC ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 53 (35,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did not even work for me, but my game is installed also it keeps saying ' there was an error during startup please see the log for more details'' please help it started when i installed the sims3 generation which i havent even got to play yet, i feel like i wasted alot of money

Message 9 of 53 (34,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have instaled the sims 3, world adventures, ambitions and night life and, i made everz thing and i can plaz the game.... anz one can help need i too buz the full collection too plaz the game?

Message 10 of 53 (34,708 Views)