[Solved?] Sims 4 White Screen

by JimmydrysekWoD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Solved?] Sims 4 White Screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey,

so firstly, I play Sims 4 on my laptop and my main PC. On my laptop everything is working just fine but on my desktop I get white screen when I load into any save. 

My specs: Intel core i7 6700k, Nvidia GTX 1080, 16GBs RAM 3000MHz, the game is installed on a SSD separately from the OS, running latest Windows and GPU drivers

What changed since the last time I started up The Sims 4 on the PC: I installed the latest Nvidia driver, the latest Sims 4 patch + I bought the Cats & Dogs DLC and installed it. (I've been trying to search for a solution to this and it seems a lot of people started having white screen issues after specifically installing Cats & Dogs)

I keep saves on my flash disk and the same save that is on main desktop I use on my laptop (although laptop save has different progress) and it works flawlessly on the laptop, but bugs out on the desktop.

I've tried deleting settings from the documents which helped with the white screen itself (later found out it was connected to fullscreen mode) but now the game has a couple seconds long black screen while either loading into the main menu or while loading into a household, the game stalls and then refreshes and seems to be working but after a couple seconds it keeps stalling and FPS flactuates while in game. I've tried disabling G-SYNC in case it was connected to it somehow but that didn't help. Right now I'm running windowed mode. I've tried disabling origin overlay, also didn't help. Tried repairing the game through Origin. I run no CC or mods, just pure Vanilla Sims 4 with some DLCs.

Again, this happened between the transition of a new Nvidia driver, Sims 4 patch and me buying Cats & Dogs on BOTH my laptop and my desktop (both Nvidia), yet it's only the desktop having troubles for some reason.

There's nothing more I can think of that I can do to try to fix this. Anyone else having similar issues? What do I do now?

Message 1 of 4 (1,099 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 White Screen

★★★ Newbie

Ok. What seemed to be the problem was my antivirus (Bitdefender). The game used to work flawlessly but I guess after the recent patch bitdefender stopped liking The Sims 4 accessing my Documents folder although no pop up noted me. I manually tried to add the Sims 4 and even though it says it never accessed the files anyway the game seems to be working.. somehow..for now..

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,078 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
I've also tried moving ALL files from the documents folder elsewhere and I still get white screen when I get into create a sim. So it's hardware/driver issue, not a file corruption issue.
Message 2 of 4 (1,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok. What seemed to be the problem was my antivirus (Bitdefender). The game used to work flawlessly but I guess after the recent patch bitdefender stopped liking The Sims 4 accessing my Documents folder although no pop up noted me. I manually tried to add the Sims 4 and even though it says it never accessed the files anyway the game seems to be working.. somehow..for now..

Message 3 of 4 (1,079 Views)

Hero
@JimmydrysekWoD Marking your post as solution. Feel free to unmark it (on the three dots of the solution post) should your issue come back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,071 Views)